Neil Young's Special Deluxe: A Memoir of Life & Cars

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter Harrar, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

2. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Pages about the Indigo recordings, though he writes only about a particular tape, the Hitchikker tape. It should be great a complete release of the original Indigo recordings (just dreamin).

3. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

My wife got me the audiobook. I listened to the whole thing over two days on a trip to western NY. I enjoyed it for the most part. A little too much cars stuff for me in the middle discs (I'm not a car guy at all). Beginning and end were interesting. If you are a skeptic on global warming, this book is NOT for you. Lots of references to how many tons of carbon he's pumped in the atmosphere with each of his cars. Interesting to hear multiple references late in the book about Daryl Hannah (not in a romatic way at all), and he refers to Pegi as the love of his life multiple times.

4. scotth

scotth Forum Resident

If you are a "skeptic" of global warming, then maybe books aren't for you. Or maybe you should pick up some scietific journals to see how they fit with your skepticism. Sorry I couldn't resist.

I'm interested in the book, could someone explain what kind of details/stories are in the book about cars? Not sure if i'd find it interesting or boring.

Yorick and Carserguev like this.
  5. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

I just bought Nash's book, Townshend's auto-bio, and another book by Jim Carroll. I'll get to Neil's new one when the price drops a bit.

6. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

It has taken me like 4 months to read Shakey and it took me a week to read Waging Heavy Peace. :)

7. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Just finished it, borrowed from the library. As someone else stated, the first half has more music memories interwoven with his cars. Dang, Neil had a LOT of cars!! Nowhere near Jay Leno, but still....

A nice, quick read that I really enjoyed. 4 stars out of 5 from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.