Beatles Mono Masters LP question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CMcGeek, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMcGeek

CMcGeek Loves records maybe too much Thread Starter

It just came today and I love it, the sound is really good!
    But just wondering, are "Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand" and "Lady Madonna" supposed to abruptly end and were they always like that? Just noticed this tonight

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  2. CMcGeek

BTW "Revolution" blows my mind here!

3. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

not sure what you mean by "abruptly end" by I know that "Lady Madonna" on there definitely ends basically identically to how it does on the 2009 mono and stereo CDs.

4. CMcGeek

I mean during what's supposed to be a ring-out that fades into silence there's a cut-off

5. motionoftheocean

yeah "Lady Madonna" fades out (quickly) but the recording does cut completely during the fade

6. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

They faded LADY MADONNA on the 2009s, but not here. This is how the original single sounded with the cut off just before the end of the fade.

It's the same "ends before the fade has finished" with GET BACK on MONO MASTERS LP and A HARD DAY'S NIGHT on that LP. There are a few more you'll encounter throughout the set as well.

bluemooze, CMcGeek and crispi like this.
  7. motionoftheocean

you said exactly what I just said

Nobby likes this.
  8. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

I did.
    But with the added bonus that they saw fit to fade it before the "cut off" on the 2009 CD releases.
    So these are authentic and the 2009s are not.

You know what we're like here! :)

CMcGeek likes this.
  9. CMcGeek

^Well, thanks to both of you, you both shed some light on the matter regardless :)

Nobby likes this.
  10. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Not on Mono Masters, but I just noticed the same thing with "A Hard Day's Night" (the song). Rather than fade all the way out, it cuts off at the very end. I never noticed that before - it fades completely on both the 1987 and 2009 CDs - but I checked my original United Artists vinyl, and it cuts off there as well. Now that's authenticity for you. I love it.

11. One_L

One_L Forum Resident

My only disappointment with the mono Revolver is Lennon's scream at the beginning seems put in the background. On the stereo version - IN YOUR FACE.

12. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I think you meant Revolution. I noticed that as well.

13. One_L

One_L Forum Resident

Stoner move on my part...and I wasn't even stoned.

WapatoWolf likes this.
  14. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Is there a listing somewhere showing which Mono Masters tracks would go with which UK album titles?

Cracklebarrel likes this.
  15. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Here's mine:

1. "Love Me Do" Please Please Me
    2. "From Me to You" (from 11 April 1963 A-side) Lennon and McCartney 1:57 Please Please Me
    3. "Thank You Girl" (from 11 April 1963 B-side) Lennon and McCartney 2:04 Please Please Me
    4. "She Loves You" (from 23 August 1963 A-side) Lennon and McCartney 2:21 Please Please Me
    5. "I'll Get You" (from 23 August 1963 B-side) Lennon with McCartney 2:06 Please Please Me
    6. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" (from 29 November 1963 A-side) Lennon and McCartney 2:26 With The Beatles
    7. "This Boy" (from 29 November 1963 B-side) Lennon with Harrison and McCartney 2:16 With The Beatles
    Side two
    No. Title Lead vocals Length
    1. "Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand" (Lennon/McCartney/Nicolas/Hellmer) (from 5 March 1964 German single) Lennon and McCartney 2:26 A Hard Day's Night
    2. "Sie Liebt Dich" (Lennon/McCartney/Nicolas/Montague) (from 5 March 1964 German single) Lennon and McCartney 2:19 A Hard Day's Night
    3. "Long Tall Sally" (Enotris Johnson, Robert Blackwell, Richard Penniman) (from 19 June 1964 Long Tall Sally EP) McCartney 2:03 A Hard Day's Night
    4. "I Call Your Name" (from Long Tall Sally EP) Lennon 2:11 A Hard Day's Night
    5. "Slow Down" (Larry Williams) (from Long Tall Sally EP) Lennon 2:57 A Hard Day's Night
    6. "Matchbox" (Carl Perkins) (from Long Tall Sally EP) Starr 1:59 A Hard Day's Night
    7. "I Feel Fine" (from 27 November 1964 A-side) Lennon 2:23 Beatles For Sale
    8. "She's a Woman" (from 27 November 1964 B-side) McCartney 3:04 Beatles For Sale
    Side three
    1. "Bad Boy" (Williams) (from 14 June 1965 US album Beatles VI, 10 December 1966 UK album A Collection of Beatles Oldies) Lennon 2:20 or Help!
    2. "Yes It Is" (from 9 April 1965 B-side of "Ticket to Ride") Lennon, McCartney and Harrison 2:42 Help!
    3. "I'm Down" (from 23 July 1965 B-side of "Help!") McCartney 2:38 Help!
    4. "Day Tripper" (from 3 December 1965 double A-side) Lennon and McCartney 2:52 Rubber Soul
    5. "We Can Work It Out" (from 3 December 1965 double A-side) McCartney with Lennon 2:15 Rubber Soul
    6. "Paperback Writer" (from 10 June 1966 A-side) McCartney 2:26 Revolver
    7. "Rain" (from 10 June 1966 B-side) Lennon 3:01 Revolver
    Side four
    1. "Lady Madonna" (from 15 March 1968 A-side) McCartney 2:17 In between Pepper and The White Album
    2. "The Inner Light" (Harrison) (from 15 March 1968 B-side) Harrison 2:36 In between Pepper and The White Album
    3. "Hey Jude" (from 30 August 1968 A-side) McCartney 7:09 White Album
    4. "Revolution" (from 30 August 1968 single version B-side) Lennon 3:25 White Album
    Side five
    1. "Only a Northern Song" (Harrison) (previously unreleased April 1967[3] mono mix) Harrison 3:26 Yellow Submarine
    2. "All Together Now" (previously unreleased May 1967[3] mono mix) McCartney 2:11 Yellow Submarine
    3. "Hey Bulldog" (previously unreleased February 1968[3] mono mix) Lennon with McCartney 3:14 Yellow Submarine
    4. "It's All Too Much" (Harrison) (previously unreleased October 1968[3] mono mix) Harrison 6:28 Yellow Submarine
    Side six
    1. "Get Back" (from 11 April 1969 single version A-side) McCartney 3:11 Let It Be
    2. "Don't Let Me Down" (from 11 April 1969 B-side) Lennon with McCartney 3:33 Let It Be
    3. "Across the Universe" (previously unreleased 1969 mono mix of the "Wildlife" version) Lennon 3:50 Maybe the charity album it appeared on originally
    4. "You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)" (from 6 March 1970 B-side) Lennon and McCartney 4:24 Good question

real01 and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.