Record Store Day Black Friday, 11/28/2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

Are you doing a video, Chris?

2. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Well-Known Member

It's done. Just waiting for YouTube to finish processing it. It should be up in the next couple of hours. Thanks for asking!

Peter Pyle likes this.
  3. Bull Moose

Good guess. It is a 10".

And here is the video...

4. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

The Neil Young shirts were postponed because he didn't like something about them. The overpriced vinyl box set is still coming out.

5. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

You 100% sure about the shirts. A local store near me that will be doing Black Friday RSD, told me that he got the shirts in stock. Obviously he wouldn't show them to me (since they don't come out until Friday), so I can't be 100% he actually got them.

6. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

Good to hear. The overpriced box set is my primary target come RSD.

Kevin j likes this.
  7. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

I was told it was crossed off the available list from the distributor specifically at Neil's request, but not sure whether that was both designs or just one?

8. Bull Moose

At least some accounts that are direct with WEA got the Neil shirts. Maybe all did. I don't know.

9. :tsk:

I hope the box set is still coming. On April's RSD Warner Canada told retailers that the R.E.M. unplugged vinyl set had been cancelled. Local retailers were not amused when they saw people on-line in the U.K. and other territories posting the vinyl within hours of RSD starting.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    EasterEverywhere likes this.
  10. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I hate to be a downer and this is no criticism of Bull Moose as they don't come up with the Suggested List Price but if my ancient eyes didn't deceive me $56 for the Afghan Wigs and $37 or so for American Hustle and $40 for The Kinks???

I thought RSD was supposed to encourage people (NOT JUST COLLECTORS AND FLIPPERS) to get into vinyl and support record stores…I know what it costs to manufacture vinyl in this day and age and there is NO WAY A 3 LP set should push $60!!!

Just my rant of the day...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  11. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

So what should a 3 LP set cost? :confused:

12. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

$40/$45

13. morwells

morwells Forum Resident

The Neil Young box is most def here for RSD. A store in my area got about 5 of the boxes. I held it in my hands earlier(guy wouldn't sell to me yet)

14. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Thanks for posting the video Chris.

I really wish you would come out of your shell a bit and show some enthusiasm! :)

Vinyl_Blues and Bull Moose like this.
  15. Moth

Moth fluttering by

Has the Dentists' "Strawberries Are Growing in My Garden" 45 been canceled?

16. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Anyone know how many of the Chris Robinson Brotherhood ep they are pressing - it's an unofficial release and the only thing I want (bailing on the Miles box)

17. jlf

jlf Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yay! These are always a highlight of the RSD seasons for me. Always entertaining!

18. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Held it in my hands today. It is coming out.

19. Overpriced is right. The price sticker in Chris at Bull Moose's video looked like $151.97. Covert that to Canadian dollars and we're looking at over $170. for 4 LPs or aprox. $42.50 CDN per LP. :eek: That's too much for me.

Crazyhorse11 likes this.
  20. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

27:45 is the Morrissey/Ramones track list which hasn't been published elsewhere.

21. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

I'm hoping to score the David Bowie 10", the Decemberists single, the two Game Theory reissues, the Ben Kweller Christmas single, the CD from Leftover Salmon and a couple of picture discs as gifts for my friend who collects them.

22. Don't really think that is overpriced for remasters from the original tapes, in faithfully restored artwork, all done high quality and in a box. Got to remember it's not just $42 per LP, there are costs associated with the box as well (whether we like it or not). I'm certainly not 'in the know' enough to know how much this stuff costs, but just off the top of my head it doesn't stand out as particularly expensive given rising costs of everything these days.

23. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

How does this price compare to the first box?

24. The first Neil Young vinyl box set was a limited edition run. It sold out pretty fast. I don't remeber what the price was. I ended buying the remaster LPs individually along with HDCD reamaster CDs. The individual LPs, still available were pressed at 125 grams, IIRC, not 180 as the LPs were in the box set.

Wondering if the next four LPs will also be released indivually.

25. mycroft

mycroft Forum Resident

I paid 149.98 USD for the first box. Bought from www.becausesoundmatters.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.