Tonight's episode of THE GOOD WIFE on CBS. BEST hour of commercial TV this year!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think it's pretty clear that they have not slept together. However, in the light of the revelations about Peter and Ramona, and Alica's back of the limo discussion with Peter, I think Alica now feels that when the opportunity presents itself, she will.

2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I think she will quietly kill Lemond Bishop and then for the good of all, leave.

3. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

So we get one more episode this Sunday, 11/23 then the return of "The Mentalist" in that time slot.

4. bopdd

bopdd Senior Member

I'll be missing this show dearly while it takes a hiatus. I'm absolutely loving this season and can't wait to see what happens next.

5. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I thought the note to teacher was absurd. Who writes something like that?

6. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I'm thinking Cary won't end up going to jail, even after pleading guilty, I also think Kalinda will end up in the cross-hairs...

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I personally am having a hard time keeping interested in this season. I just don't find find either of the main plotlines -- Alicia running for office or Cary going to jail -- particularly intriguing and the secondary characters in this season (when they get any airtime) aren't very captivating or amusing.

It just seems incongruous that with the exception of going in circles to raise bail money, Alicia -- she of the "obsessing over every nuance off the facts and the law to get a client off" -- is now far more wrapped up in some political campaign than with the dire circumstances of her business partner and long-time colleague who is being prosecuted for a crime he didn't commit and could either end up in jail for 15 years or at the bottom of Lake Erie.

Rufus McDufus and carlygtr56 like this.
  8. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I have to agree, the show is still good, but they really are dragging this whole Cary thing out. I honestly don't think he would be missed if he ends up off the show for while. As much as I like Kalinda, it's getting old watching her kind of going though the motions every week trying to find dirt on someone or sleeping with her flavor of the week. As for Alicia, they need to get her more romantically involved again, that's when things took off before...

9. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Maybe they fast-forward two years when the show returns on 1/29? Cary's out of jail...

10. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I think Kalinda blows the whistle on Lemond Bishop regarding his child daycare thing, he is then found to be suppressing a witness, Lemond gets arrested, Cary goes free and Lemond puts a dollar amount on Kalinda's head by season's end...

11. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

This episode went slightly off the rails. So many odd plot threads. So random to see Google Guy from Revolution-glad to see he's working.
    Can we give Matt Czuchry his Emmy nod now?
    It really is looking more like Kalinda is going to disappear in a not so nice way. But I also thought Cary was going to kill himself when he went on his "little walk"-thank you show for not going there.
    But there is hope-we get several weeks of that bastion of credibility "The Mentalist". Just remember that when you're complaining about how it seems like "The Good Wife" has lost its way.

12. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

If this was the case, Cary would be disbarred and Alicia's political campaign would have run its course.

13. bopdd

bopdd Senior Member

Not that I'm going to dispute the technical aspects of your assessment here, but given the recent situation at Sony I'm finding this particular episode of The Good Wife to be astoundingly prescient.

14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Wow. I just powered through all 6 seasons of this show in the last month or so and all I can say is I am so hooked! Great show!! Can't wait for it to come back.

bopdd likes this.
  15. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Welcome to the club!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Very good return episode. Loved the plot twists and while I initially found the dramatic music dominating over fast paced events shown with rapid-fire scene intercuts to be interesting, it eventually became annoying through overuse. I hope this isn't a new trend designed to inject spice to the narrative because the stories themselves are sufficient in that regard. Leave the gimmicks out.

17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Good episode. Cary is safe. Kalinda . . . well the next drama I think is Kalinda's.

Why do CBS shows have this annoying thing of music in one channel a lot? Sheesh. Happens a bit on other networks but most often in CBS shows that I notice.

bopdd likes this.
  18. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Wow..Matt Czuchry did a heck of a job looking so sickly and thin. I really did think when he checked his back account that he was gonna jet to Spain.

If this is the beggining of Kalinda's downfall, I'm glad it will have a huge build-up to it instead of what happened to Will last season.

19. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I thought last night's ep was a huge cluster f*@#.

Am increasingly disappointed with the writing, same thing every week, dragging things out, losing interest.

20. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

If anyone knows how to just disappear, it's Kalinda. I think she should start planning to do so - because of her two particular problems - the one regarding Cary's legal case and the other regarding Bishop. And she would know how to do it in better style than experienced by Walter White in Breaking Bad!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  21. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

It seems to me that they are making the characters too out of character this season. (Diane clicking to open that very strange file a few ep's ago, e.g. -- too stupid for a smart person like her). Alicia's behavior in the final scene seemed out of character in a particularly annoying way, to me - publicly whooping, acting insane, etc. Still it's an entertaining enough show, to me.

22. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Yup, it looks like Kalinda will be gone (one way or the other) by the end of February (my prediction). Too bad, I really liked her, but her character has a lesser sense of purpose with the new firm, or that's what it seems to me anyway. I would've rather seen her go further than to keep Cary on. The last scene with Alicia was really stupid, it seems she's becoming more of a free spirit (in her personal life anyway)...

23. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

What do you bet that Cary will help Kalinda disappear-$230,000 can buy some serious disappearance.

Atmospheric likes this.
  24. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I still think she kills the dude to save Carey and the firm from him.

25. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

I think Kalinda dies badly, somehow. Probably sacrificing herself because of the email falsification. I think the cop that got unfairly branded as crooked wages a vendetta against Carey, or possibly Kalinda.

BTW, I think the writing is top shelf. How can CSI/NCIS be so bad and this show so good, from the same network?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    bopdd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.