B&O turntable service?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by hifisoup, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram Thread Starter

Does anyone have recommendations for a place that services B&O turntables. I have one that won't...turn. (The belt is fine).

Also where do you now buy B&O phono cartridges?

Thanks!

2. Nate

Nate Forum Resident

For B&O cartridge info, I suggest Soundsmith. They might even be able to help you with your table.

hifisoup likes this.
  3. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

You can still get carts on eBay. It's a roll of the dice though, I had to return the first MMC10E I bought because a channel was out.

hifisoup likes this.
  4. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

There is a B&O service center in the greater Chicago area. I'd call ahead, though, with your model number and problem. Ask for Mark. Don't be surprised if the answer is no. Many parts for B&O turntables are unavailable and have been for years. They've kept my Beogram 8002 going but last time it took a motor out of a donor 'table.

Path Electronics
    1500 E. Algonquin Rd.
    Arlington Heights, IL 60005
    (847) 956-6130

I'd also second Soundsmith. Their cartridges aren't cheap but are exceptionally good. I think the Soundsmith SMMC-2 I've been using for years sounds better than the Denmark made, top of the line MMC-1 I had before.

hifisoup likes this.
  5. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram Thread Starter

Thank you. I'll check out both Path and Soundsmith. Probably will stay away from ebay re: the cartridges.
    Thanks!

6. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

Yeah I figured eBay was worth it because I got a like new cart for $80. You can't beat that.

7. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Just had my 4002 repaired. Play It Again Sam in Cleveland. Great work and reasonable. Took it to 2 other places that charged an arm & leg and not half the talent as Sam. Good luck. Great table when the work proper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.