Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2014

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Turnaround, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

3. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

4. Turnaround

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=RssLanding&cat=news&id=1991458

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 20, 2014-- (NASDAQ: AMZN) – Today, Amazon.com announced Black Friday deals will start even earlier this year, beginning on Friday, November 21, and adding new deals as often as every ten minutes for eight straight days. Plus, Amazon will introduce three coveted Deals of the Day starting on Thanksgiving at midnight, as well as three more on Black Friday – this is in addition to thousands of limited-time Lightning Deals at amazon.com/blackfriday. Customers can shop Amazon on any device, including smartphones and tablets, and enjoy top Black Friday deals anytime and anywhere. Amazon Prime members will continue to receive 30-minutes early access to select Lightning Deals, including many sought-after Black Friday deals. By taking advantage of Prime early access, members will get the first pick of some of the hottest gifts and holiday essentials. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime.

"Our customers are redefining Black Friday shopping. They want to stay home with family, enjoy some turkey and football and shop the hottest deals from their phone, tablet or PC,” said Steve Shure, Amazon Vice President Worldwide Marketing. “Starting November 21, we will add new deals as often as every 10 minutes, for eight days, including tech, toys, tools and more.”

This year, Amazon customers can also shop Black Friday deals while supporting the charity of their choice. Start at smile.amazon.com, go to the Black Friday deals page, and find the same deals, but with one added bonus - Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase to the customer's favorite charity.

Following are examples of some of the door-buster deals that will be available at various times between November 21 and Black Friday at amazon.com/blackfriday:

Beatles Fan 4 Life likes this.
  5. My wife is working on Black Friday (office job, not retail) so my forays to the store will be minimal. My 5yo would go nuts in those crowds.

Amazon's BF music deals last year were kinda mediocre other than all those Elvis cd's for $5 or so.

6. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

And this year's are not much better.

JimC likes this.
  7. Many retail stores already have some Black Friday items out for sale.

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

They are all trying to an edge on each other. Plus, they are trying to avoid the stampede at 3 a.m. on Friday.

9. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I don't get the distinction between black friday and cyber monday. It's all online anyway. Going to Walmart sounds about as fun as cage fighting.

econalan and omom like this.
  10. Lebowski

PopMarket.com Black Friday lineup:

[​IMG]

If you're still in the market for the Beatles Mono box, keep in mind that they offered pre-orders for $275.

JimC likes this.
  11. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I hope they offer the Oasisbox.
    As I'm from Europe and I want to be sure. What time is does start (European time??) Thanks.

12. Lebowski

It starts at 12:00am EST (midnight) on Thursday night (Friday morning), so what time would that be for you? 5:00am?

13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Eastern Time is 6 hours behind Central European Time, and 5 hours behind UK Time.

So, 6 a.m. for someone in mainland Europe, and 5 a.m. for someone in Blighty.

14. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Thanks

15. Turnaround

16. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

17. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Aamzon.uk had already great deals on the OASISbox and the Pink Floydbox (Division Bell) in in the morning.
    See for more details www.superdeluxeedition.com

18. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I missed already the Monty Python deal :realmad::realmad:

19. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

20. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Cyber Monday only - Jack White Lazaretto Ultra LP $8.99 directly from Third Man Records

Anyone that has been on the fence about getting this - probably the best price you'll find. They also send you something else from Third Man Records as part of "roulette".

http://thirdmanstore.com/jack-white-lazaretto-12-vinyl

"LAZARETTO ROULETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you've surely learned by now, we love a good game of roulette, and so we've decided to offer our biggest selling record of the year to you all with a chance to play, and a chance to WIN! Purchase the Lazaretto ULTRA LP in our online store for the special price of $8.99 and you will receive a little extra something along with your ULTRA LP. It could be just a small token of our affection, or it could be the collector/aficionado's surprise of a lifetime. One thing is for certain, you can't win if you don't play."

Davidmk5 likes this.
  21. Beholdentonoone

I wonder if that is midnight cmt?

I just tried the link and the record showed as $20.

22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Central...it's 11:08 here.

23. Beholdentonoone

Yup w Third Man being based there I figured the sale might begin at midnight cmt. I'm definitely in for this one.

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

What is " cmt " ? It's Central Standard Time. CST.:tiphat:

25. Beholdentonoone

DOH!!!

Long weekend has taken it's toll!

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.