What commercials grind your gears?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by throbbin tower, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are Led Zeppelin songs available for commercials?

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I hate them all...

3. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

If that becomes an issue for more than four hours, please see your doctor immediately.

music4life and Michael like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes! but, I'd say 3:30 minutes tops!

5. alfajim

alfajim Forum Resident

Giles villanueves Ferrari 312 T5 at Monteray Historics 2004 for the Ferrari mark event, I had just finished a complete rebuild of the engine, first time out. That event was the first time Ferrari showed up with the F1 Clienti group with 12 cars from the factory including Shumachers 2003 championship car.

6. Wow! I have sat in that car at Watkins Glen. Owned by Bud Moeller, very nice guy to chat with.

I also got lucky to see it action by Gilles at The Glen as kid in 1980. Have a photo of it. Someday, I'll make it out the Monterey Historic. Great stuff!

7. ING used to be ING Barings - between various scandals - they are obviously trying to find names that have nothing do with the past!

8. PonceDeLeroy

PonceDeLeroy Forum Resident

9. alfajim

alfajim Forum Resident

as far as I know he still owns it brings it out one in a while to the events with the Historic GP class when they run it great to watch them. was also doing the engines for a couple of Alfa F1 cars one was Mario's 179 Alfa 81 car, it was different than the rest.

ffracer likes this.
  10. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Why do ALL insurance commercial suck so bad. I expect crap from Progressive and Geico but State Farm's may be worst of all of them.

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The R&B singer who is inspired by Glade scented candles.

12. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

The Christian Children's Fund advert that uses Lennon/Ono's "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" as the soundtrack to films of crying, presumably starving etc third world children in order to solicit donations. The commercial is blatantly trying to play on the viewers' sympathy and emotions -in a highly manipulative way- and I can't stand it. I'm pretty sure if John Lennon were still around he'd resent it too...

13. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

I actually think they're funny. :hide:

14. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Yes

sallymae_hogsby likes this.
  15. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

The commercial for the drug that uses the Dire Straits song Walk of Life. I never really liked the song that much but like it even less now that this commercial started using it.

16. misterdecibel

"Woohoo"

The drug is called "Farxiga", and I'm convinced they used that annoying song because "Farxiga" sounds kind of like "Farfisa".

Are they using the actual Dire Straits recording for the commercial, or a sound-alike?

krock2009 likes this.
  17. rockclassics

It sounds like the actual song to me. If not, it is a damn good cover.

18. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

All RomCom movie trailer ads.

19. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

All these stupid toothpaste spots where these painfully slow-talking women seem to have arrived at a terrorized epiphany that they have enamel on their teeth that is being worn away, which is followed by equally dense obligitory statements of demanding that the enamel be replaced. I am sorry but people male and femal know what enamel is, or what enamels are (for the vinyls crowd).

20. This one. I always wonder when I hear it if they auditioned singers for this commercial, and that's the one they picked.

21. rockclassics

I saw this one over the weekend. Absolutely terrible commercial and even worse remake of the song.

22. rockclassics

I'm having a real hard time with the commercial that uses the Bad Company song - Feel Like Makin Love - to try to sell tools. No way that song makes me realize I need a new hammer.

23. misko

misko Forum Resident

The one commercial I can't stand and push the mute button as soon as I see a glimmer, is the insurance ad with Payton Manning humming their jingle over and over. I hate it! Manning 's in too many commercials for my taste.

rockclassics likes this.
  24. misterdecibel

I'll admit I actually like it when the Chanel commercial comes on playing The Zombies' "She's Not There". How can you go wrong with glamorous women and great music?

25. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

I jump for the remote whenever Flo comes on. Now she's a freaking hand puppet.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.