Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

My Houses Super Deluxe Version was also cancelled today. :cussing:

2. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They normally cancel orders that are not filled within 30 days of ordering.
    You can contact them to reorder the item as I think their was a delay on this set from the start.

3. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Probably what happened. I sent an email asking what the issue was since it is still showing as available for purchase on their site. Got a note back saying that I could order it again but it would be at the higher price. Not worth my time arguing with them on this one or ordering from them again.

4. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They still have the 15 percent off coupon running that may help the wallet out.

5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It's 20%

6. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Has anyone else checked their order status online for orders for which you have received a cancellation email? I just checked mine, it still states "Order Status: Open" and "Shipping Status: Partially Shipped"

7. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

ImportCDs site does the same thing and never gets updated. Presumably they cut some corners to provide the low prices.

8. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I received a email yesterday saying my HOTH deluxe lps have shipped and my order is complete. I procrastinate when placing an order and my 30 days wasn't up yet.

9. danner

danner Forum Resident

I just got a cancellation notice for three of the items I ordered on Oct 30. Normally, I would be bummed, but I've gone so insanely over my music budget that I'm actually kind of relieved.

Myke likes this.
  10. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Same thing happened to me... even with such amazing prices, I was happy to save a bit of cash.

I received the Impex reissue of Thelonious Monk - Straight No Chaser the other day, and there was a huge bend in the cover. It looks like someone took it with both hands and physically tried to bend the album cover in half. I wasn't planning on any returns, because I'm cool with a few slight corner dings, but this is insane. It wasn't due to shipping damage either, because it was packed pretty well. I'll be sending it back for a replacement.

11. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

I received an email stating they have refunded my money for the two warped LPs. There was no mention of shipping me replacements as indicated in the original communication with them. I could push for it and get them. However, I am afraid the replacements will be warped, as well. I will consider this a "victory" and go to Amazon for the final two :) Overall, not a bad experience. The communication was good, shipments packaged well, and pricing was excellent.

12. Badnruin

Badnruin Forum Resident

In the email they sent me containing the return label they said their policy is to issue a refund once they receive the items then to charge for the replacements. So you may still get them.

13. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

Received cancellation notice this morning regarding McCartney self-titled 2lp Archive set. Expecting same notice to follow concerning CCR AP vinyl.

14. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

From my experiences and what I've read, with this site it really is best to ONLY purchase titles listed as in stock.

Between incorrect cancellation emails, shipping notifications, and their order status page not being updated, the safest bet is avoid presales or backordered stuff if you want to avoid any type of hassle.

15. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Agreed. My first order of 10 LP's, all in stock, was just about perfect. They showed up at my door, two days later, really well packaged. After that I placed two more large orders, and only about 25-30% of the LP's actually shipped. I have to work in a return/exchange as well, due to severe damage on one.

Overall a great deal though. I'd buy from them again if they have more sales like this.

16. Ron Jones

Ron Jones Happiness is a Warm Gun

I had better luck then most I guess. I would say about 80% of what was not included in stock still got shipped later. The only problem I ran into was one lp bottom left corner due to packaging and I got a St. Vincent Record with no record in it??? Never seen that before but they sent me a new copy. I wasted all my money on this sale and am now broke, but am in regret already for not ordering more. If a sale ever comes back I'm sure I will take out another mortgage.

17. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

You do realize there's a 20% off sale going on right now??? Not quite 25% but 20% does NOT suck!!!

18. Ron Jones

Ron Jones Happiness is a Warm Gun

what is the code for 20%?

19. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

NOV1420

20. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I'm done with Collectors Choice. I ordered both recent Zep Super Deluxes (IV and Houses) using the 25% off coupon. I received IV and then they cancelled Houses, even though their web site was still allowing orders of Houses. And less than a week after they cancelled my order, the shipping status of new Houses orders changed to "ships within 24 hours."

Canceling an order at a low price while still taking orders at a higher price is simply wrong.

But the final straw was when I looked at my credit card statement and realized that they'd charged me the full shipping cost for both sets when they shipped only IV.

I went to Popmarket and got the Houses Super Deluxe for $88.39 with coupon. If I have to wait a few extra days to get it, so be it. CCMusic has not treated me fairly and they're never getting my business again.

21. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

There's practically no difference between CC's shipping charges for one and two box sets. As an example, I ordered two CD box sets recently, and one of them was a preorder, thus ensuring that I'd wind up with two separate shipments. The shipping charge was the same ($10.95) for a single box set as it was for two, despite the two separate shipments. This is why I don't like to order only a single item from CC - the shipping rates are much more acceptable if they cover multiple items.

Yes, it does suck that they cancelled your order of HOTH, but I suspect the shipping charge would've been the same if they hadn't.

22. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

Also, it sounds like the automatic X-day cancellation happened and then they got a shipment not long afterwards. I don't mind the cancellations after some website kept me backordered on an expensive item for 2 years. I was glad that they never restocked.

23. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

@Dave Garrett - thanks for the info, and yes, a good point about shipping. But I have no way of knowing if the shipping cost difference was minimal, or zero - in other words, even if the shipping would've been $1 less if I'd only ordered the one item, I would like to know that - and to get that difference refunded to me since they cancelled the 2nd item.

@tingly - You are correct; the order cancellation was automated, but it wasn't even 30 days AFAIK - and it's not like it was an item that went out of stock because it was going out of print; nor is it like some of those small-batch audiophile releases that end up getting delayed for months or a year. This was a new release, major-market item in which all other formats were released on-time, and for which distributors and retailers were notified that the Super Deluxe would be delayed 2-1/2 to 4 weeks at most. So CC continued to take orders for this item - there wasn't a single moment where it was removed from their online store or where it said "backordered" on the product page. It said "ships in 5-10 days" and then more recently "ships in 24 hours."

I still wonder if this practice is even legal. But putting that aside, it's certainly the beginning and end of my patronizing Collector's Choice. Never again.

24. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

25. enocaster

enocaster Well-Known Member

Seems like Wilco's Alpha Mike Foxtrot is stuck in "5-10 Day" purgatory.