Reissues of the Year

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by scottM, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreedomJazzDance

FreedomJazzDance Well-Known Member

Hey man you notice this issue on the Existencial Soul Of Tim Maia by Luaka Bop?
    Is the third copy that i returned, in all tracks can be notice insistent "Tick" sound, that in my view disturb a lot the listening experience, because this "thicks" are very insistent, they appear like "music music tick tick music tick music tick music tick music music music tick music tick music music tick music music tick music tick music tick......" for all over the tracks...
    Maybe al copies are presenting this issue?
    Thanks if you can tell me your experience with this record, and if your copy are also presenting this issue...

2. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

sorry, but it's on my want list, based on your comments--i heard some samples.

doug

3. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

Wow, that is such a good record, I only have the CD but can only envy you, listening to it right now for the who knows how many times, such a very cool record :)

Bryce likes this.
  4. Steven Belkin

Steven Belkin Forum Resident

For 2013, I would definitley like to cast my vote for 4 Visions by Eskaton reissued by Soleil Zeuhl.

5. I'm surprised to see this mentioned but also thrilled that David Kilgour's music is known and enjoyed by some in The U.S. David is from my hometown here in New Zealand and although I do not know him personally we both went to the same school at the same time. Great musician, great album.

6. billnunan

billnunan Forum Resident

My reissue of the year is........"America" on Audio Fidelity, mastered by Steve Hoffman.

7. Michael Prete

Michael Prete Forum Resident

Seconded.

8. Ilovefooty

Ilovefooty Forum Resident

Just got this last week. An absolute stunning reissue. My mind was severally blown!!

9. Ilovefooty

Ilovefooty Forum Resident

Oh yeah, love that.

10. Steven Belkin

Steven Belkin Forum Resident

The two most anticipated reissues for me that are due out by the end of the year by Lion are:

"Galaxies" and "Evening Colours" by Laurence Vanay.

11. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

easy - Smashing Pumpkins vinyl release of Aeroplanes Flies High. the quality of the b sides is unbelievable.

12. A. Scrounger

A. Scrounger Forum Resident

13. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Jerry Jeff Walker -- Self Titled on Raven. Originally released on Decca and later on MCA this is arguably JJWs best album. After waiting decades for a reissue Raven did it right. Excellent analog like sound with tape hiss included. Not too loud, just right. Buy it now before they dry up.

14. kennyluc1

kennyluc1 Frank Sinatra collector

Just got the 2 Beverly Kenney cd's.
    WOW...I love her sound.

What a tragic waste suicide at 28.

15. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

In 2014 this is an ever expanding list because there's been a lot of terrific reissues this year. Three new ones that were delivered a couple of days ago are the MFSL release of Brothers and Sisters that is far superior to my original Capricorn and Polydor releases. The 45 rpm American Beauty from MFSL is great. Drastic Plastic's All The Young Dudes mastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at QRP sounds fantastic too.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  16. scottp

scottp Forum Resident

Agreed on the MFSL Brothers and Sisters!

17. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

For me it has to be the Beatles MONO vinyl

Daytripn likes this.
  18. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

It seems (I haven't bought it yet) that a nice work was done with Beefheart's Decals, Spotlight and Clear Spot.

19. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

One of the big ones for sure.

Daytripn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.