We're cutting the Vince Guaraldi Trio "A Charlie Brown Christmas" at 45 RPM today...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

with weird meandering release dates like this I prefer waiting until it's actually listed as available.

2. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

That's too bad about the vintage press that went missing, I've got my eye on Ebay for a possible good auction. I know what you mean, it's the end of the year and I was looking to slow down on the spending being xmas and all, but we are getting hit with some pretty sweet releases....so it's been hard trying not to spend LOL.

I'm also looking for some sweet jazz reissues, as I really want to build my collection up.

Brudy likes this.
  3. Vinyl Fan 1973

Awesome thanks for the link, I'll have to verify whether they ship to Canada.

Clanceman likes this.
  4. Vinyl Fan 1973

I wrote to Elusive Disc this morning and their customer service told me they are still waiting to receive their stock. With the holiday this week, she said it might only ship early next week. I'm ok with that, as long as I get a copy, and a copy in perfect condition!!

5. Vinyl Fan 1973

I don't mind, Elusive Disc told me they would only charge my card once the item ships, so I don't have to worry about getting a refund.

6. Vinyl Fan 1973

That would be a hard decision for me....hmmm I'd go with Blue Train to start.

7. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I know, I really hope this doesn't suffer the same fate as the Analogue Productions Beach Boys reissue campaign.

8. Vinyl Fan 1973

What happened with that?

9. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I don't know. They advertised it in their catalog and online, and then all mentions of it disappeared. I guess it never got to the "release date" stage, though.

10. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

The music matters 45rpm? If so, you should go with the 33's - check out the reviews. In terms of albums, I'd go with Blue Train, it's a classic.

Clanceman and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  11. Order Date. Status
    11/26/14 Partially Shipped

Is this like kind of pregnant?

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  12. Just got the email; it has shipped. :cool:

Clanceman and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  13. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Same here. That, was some quick service. I think I placed my order an hour or two after you....and processed and shipped hours later. Great company.

Vinyl Fan 1973 and morinix like this.
  14. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I have several versions of this album. It always has been one of my favorites, and probably was the first jazz I liked. I happen to love Guaraldi as a pianist, composer, arranger, and interpreter. The album (as all of his pretty much are) is wonderfully recorded. I have a '70s pressing, an original, and the 45rpm. Fantasy always put out good sounding pressings. But nothing prepared me for how stunning SH's 45rpm is. It was one of those Maxell 'blow me away' moments. I was stunned at first listening. Much more spacious, more presence, more THERE.

I was also surprised as to how long it was available at regular price. As many of the AP 45s would fairly quickly become harder to find, and their retail jump from from $50 to 75, then higher, then out of stock entirely. I bought this when it first came out. Don't laugh, but it took a whole year for me to open it up and listen to it. I mean I had my other very good pressings to listen to.

I noticed that this record was still available for $50 for a long time.

If you do find a copy for sale and love this record, go for it. It was a relatively short record to begin with, so sides are short. SH threw in a bonus song, though.

I'm curious to see how folks will like Kevin Gray's 33 1/3rd. If it's as good as the recent Music Matters 33 releases, it will be worth picking up. Originals (and other reissues) are nothing to sneeze at, but it's astonishing how good the original recording sounds. It's demo quality, and wonderful music (and just how terrific is the original animated special!).

1970 likes this.
  15. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Oh... Sorry kids, dad has to flip the "side" over. And you have to come into the "Man Cave" to hear it...

CD at least man, C'mon! :D

Keith V likes this.
  16. A box from Acoustic Sounds got here. The first song just finished, now on to song two. Wait, let me go to the sweet spot and check again. Ok now song 3. The soundstaging is A+:thumbsup:. Now onto song 4. The classic cut. OMG! Air to burn:bigeek:. The brushes on the snare are almost in my head.:faint:

If you missed the SH 45rpm boat then GET THIS:righton::righton:

It is a steal at $30. Scary good!

Vinyl Fan 1973 and Keith V like this.
  17. Vinyl Fan 1973

Very cool,,thanks for posting your thoughts. Elusive Disc still expects this tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my order will ship this week.

How's the pressing quality?

18. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Anybody have the red/white version put out by Newberry? I just ordered it the other day. Maybe I should have waited for this pressing? I am a sucker for colored vinyl though...

19. Randy S

Randy S Ibuprofen junkie In Memoriam

Mine will be here Saturday, can't wait! Thanks for the post!

morinix and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  20. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Sadly, I'm interested in this pressing and I have the 45 RPM.

jgrillo and AnalogJ like this.
  21. AnalogJ

You, sir, have VAS (vinyl acquisition syndrome).

I'm going to doubt that there is going to be a huge difference between the new AP and the SH AP 45rpm. These are going to be at the head of the class.

22. Vinyl Fan 1973

I can't believe Elusive Disc still hasn't received their stock to ship! What's up with that?

23. scotth

scotth Forum Resident

Sill waiting on musicdirect as well. Haven't received my shipping confirmation. It now says "Usually ships in 1-2 business days."

24. AnalogJ

I don't know if you know this, but they installed phone lines a while back and a toll-free number for incoming calls. I bet they'd take yours. You could find out it's status.

25. scotth

scotth Forum Resident

Thanks, I'll do that if it doesn't ship this week. It's not really overdue or anything yet though. It said it was expected to be available 12/3 until yesterday when the status was changed to what I said above. Hopefully I get it before Christmas! Ha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.