Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Which is a terrific way to spread the word and generate buzz.

2. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

I hate this trend of teaser trailers... its literally a trailer for a trailer. :o

3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Okay, I guess it generates some buzz. It also ensures that thousands of people's first look at the new Star Wars will be shaky cell phone camera footage.

4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Please God....no lense flares!

paulisme likes this.
  5. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm reading that the trailer will be 88 seconds.

I don't think this is a meaningless action.

88....IG-88.....ladies and gentlemen, say hello to your star villain! Whoo-hoo! Finally the coolest character in the Star Wars universe will get the respect he deserves!

googlymoogly likes this.
  6. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Are there any rumors about what will be in this first teaser? Will there be actual footage from the film?

7. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Teasers aren't new, they've been around for quite a while. I think basically any first trailer that gives a very vague look at the movie without really delving into the plot is technically considered a "teaser." The recent trailer for The Avengers 2 was a "teaser."

8. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Apparently it will just be some shots showing each character in the film. They can't show much more than that yet because they're still in post production.

9. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

I wonder which version of the Beatles remasters they will prefer in these times. Mono or stereo? :yikes:

scotpagel likes this.
  10. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

This is from the Star Wars: Episode VII News Facebook Page.

"SPOILER ALERT! For those wondering, this is what we will be seeing in the trailer. Note that it's possible the trailer has been extended since initial reports were it was 60 seconds, and now it appears to be 88 seconds. So there might be a few surprises. But the basics are described below, so you can use the info to differentiate real from fake.

Fade in from black, shots of the dunes, Boyega pops in to the shot from below. He’s wearing white Stormtrooper armor but he doesn’t have a helmet on. This is most likely Tatooine, his ship has just crashed. There then is a shot of a droid flying across the desert, this is the droid described by Making Star Wars last month, a type of new astromech that floats above the ground. Ridley is shown then on a speeder towing a starship, presumably Boyega's. She has a helmet on like Endor Leia, a design with pop-down goggles.
    We see the new Stormtroopers on a transport. The flight is turbulent. Then there is a space seen of Oscar Isaac in traditional x-wing gear piloting an x-wing. We see shots of TIE fighters. There is then a short clip of the Sith Inquisitor on a snowy, forested planet.
    And then the music swells up into a full orchestral piece - and we hear a female voice, likely Daisy Ridley's, saying "Wake up." And then the title card appears - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - and we see the Millennium Falcon, firing blasters, coming right at the camera."
    https://www.facebook.com/SequelFilmNews?fref=nf

wolfram and marblesmike like this.
  11. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Teaser trailers have been around since the 1970s (possibly longer), that's one l-o-n-g trend.

12. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Maybe so but they seem more common now, to show 30 seconds or less of footage.

13. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I noticed they rushed the Jurassic world trailer out two days earlier before star wars takes over !

14. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

The teaser for Spaceballs was memorable.

15. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. The Jurassic World trailer was supposed to come out on Thanksgiving.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  16. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Why bother showing Han, Luke, Lea, Chewie, R2D2 or C3PO. They are only the whole point of the movie. :rolleyes:

17. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yeah I feel like if they really want to generate some hype, they're going to need to show at least one of the classic characters.

18. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

They are saving them for the official trailer.

19. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

How funny would it be if JJ put Jar Jar in just for a quick cameo?

20. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

[​IMG]

Rocker likes this.
  21. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

It would be funny if all the footage of Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca ends up on the cutting room floor after the film is edited.

22. Dave Prowse just tweeted that the trailer would be online on Friday. Good news for those who's city is unworthy of having a theater that was showing it, like me. :)

scotpagel likes this.
  23. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

Hyperbolic fail. :rolleyes:

24. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

he's dead, jim

(wait, wrong franchise)

25. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Actually I remember reading that he was supposed to be on Alderaan when it got destroyed by the first Death Star. Can't remember if that is official, though, or where I read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.