What albums do you play at least weekly?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Johnny Vinyl, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

None. I go in waves. I may listen to a band / release in chunks for a while, but then I eventually go in another direction. I love the Beatles, but there have been times that I have gone many months without listening to anything, group or solo. A lot of it is driven by the latest releases. I have Led Zeppelin, Peter, Paul & Mary, Simon & Garfunkel & McCartney in heavy rotation lately. I don't just listen to the new releases, but go back and re-discover other work from those groups.

Clanceman likes this.
  2. spiral sea

spiral sea Well-Known Member

The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream
    Ty Segall - Manipulator
    Rich Robinson - The Ceaseless Sight

but they are from this year and i'm still madly in love with them. there are quite a few older albums that I listen more than 50 times a year but never on a weekly schedule.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

It takes a year to listen to Wings Over America.

Jupiter likes this.
  4. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

The Velvet Underground & Nico

...every Sunday morning ;)

Pancat and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  5. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

I don't really listen to anything regularly enough to call it "weekly" , but of all the artists I have ever listened to and still do, the one I likely have listened to more than any other ( and still do ) is the last 6 of the Moody Blues classic 7.

6. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

I have thousands of albums. Never play any of them more than once a week (exceptions: when I get in the mood for a certain record or CD...I can listen to it every day for a while (Merwan Rim's L'échappée for example lived in my car for two weeks and I played it over and over again (and I don't even speak or understand French)).

7. chuck rodgers

chuck rodgers Forum Resident

During the late 60's and 70's , several albums ended up in heavy rotation. I was lucky enough to own a good stereo and had a pretty nice collection of vinyl. If I had to pick a few titles the list would look something like this. Now, I don't have nearly the free time, to many distractions so I enjoy breaking out different albums when I do get to listen.

Wish you were here
    Thick as a brick or too old to rock and roll.....
    Abbey Road
    Its a beautiful day
    American Beauty
    Mystery to me
    Deja Vu
    I Robot
    Year of the cat

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  8. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

Wow, that's commitment! ( Or extremely hopeful! :D )

9. GreatTone

GreatTone Forum Resident

I don't know about once a week, but I have a heavy rotation of albums I return to regularly. They are all over the map, music-wise, but one thing they have in common is that they are the best-sounding pressings, for the most part, so they sound great in addition to being albums I love:

Jackson Browne: For Everyman (TML mastered)
    Grateful Dead: American Beauty (my green-label Artisan stamped and now the new 45 rpm MFSL)
    War: Greatest Hits (ridiculously great sound)
    Yes: Close to the Edge (the new UK reissue cut by Chris Bellman)
    Grant Green: Street of Dreams (Music Matters 45 rpm)
    Best of Bread (butterfly label Elektra)
    The Avett Brothers: Emotionalism (great-sounding fairly recent vinyl)

Johnny Vinyl and Rickchick like this.
  10. Rickchick

Rickchick Forum Resident

If you can change it to once a month, I can put Astral Weeks in there. Like a lot of you don't understand how I could listen to things so much, I also have a LOT of lps. And sometimes when I'm listening, I'll play things I don't remember or never heard. But there are touchstones I like to hear often. I recently got back my Bob Latino 120 after not having it for a year and a half. So, everything sounds so good.

11. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe is a staple of my bedtime roatation. Renaissance frequently gets played then too, usually Novella or A Song For All Seasons lately.

12. Defdum&blind

Defdum&blind Forum Resident

Astral Weeks.

13. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I come close with one record....Some Girls. I have binges with many others, but this one I've been most consistent with since it's release.

Aftermath and ConnieGuitar like this.
  14. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

This describes my condition perfectly. :righton:

Muzyck likes this.
  15. DannyC

DannyC Forum Resident

None.. as above I really move around the collection - it tends to get dictated by new releases making me play back catalogue stuff - upcoming concerts - or just rotating through stuff I havent played in a while..

Clanceman likes this.
  16. Just this one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

scotth likes this.
  17. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

Springsteen - Darkness.
    The Beatles - Abbey Road.
    AC/DC - Powerage.
    Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited.

Pancat likes this.
  18. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Spot on.

19. zen

zen Senior Member

If I listened to the same albums weekly (for years/decades), I might think I'm in a rut.

stef1205 and bhazen like this.
  20. bhazen

bhazen ANNOYING BEATLES FAN

None every week, ad infinitum. Yikes!

There's no pattern in my listening, apart from seasonal variation (i.e., more likely to listen to Magical Mystery Tour in Summer, John Barleycorn Must Die in Autumn.)

21. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

Weekly? None. I have far too many awesome albums in my collection. If I played any of them weekly I wouldn't do justice to the others. Like preferring one of your children.

Monthly? There are some (Beggars' Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, Rust Never Sleeps come to my mind)

22. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

None - unless it's something new to me and it's something that really grabs me... then it can be a dozen times over a month. But that's a different thing.

It's about every 3-6 months, I'll get round to play certain big favourites - bit of a wild guess there, but it has to be true in a lot of instances.

Not sure I ever have played one weekly or more unless it was Rubber Soul, in the late 90s. I'd never have that far away from the CD disc drawer. Being my favourite for many years, I'd think that would be the one (and probably only.) That's a long time ago though. :)

23. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

The only stuff I listen to that regularly is my own material, and in that case the versions keep changing as i make improvements.

zen likes this.
  24. 905

905 Senior Member

None, I had to do this when I was a kid before I got my first job and joined Columbia House.

25. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Ed Sheeran- X

Sam Smith- In The Lonely Hour

Coldplay- Ghost Stories

Mostly the recent releases :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.