"Batman" (Adam West TV show) on DVD Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John DeAngelis, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

crackers?

2. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Amen. But you know they'll milk this for all its worth. Biding my time....a blowout embarrassing low price is on the horizon.

The thing with the "missing" scene is absurd. WHY would they add something to a syndicated print? No logic to that.

3. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

Saw the UK DVD version box set of this was in my local HMV for £60 yesterday.

4. Michael

...what's that around $120.00 US?

5. RockWizard

Right now, the exchange rate U. S. is 1.57. So.... 60 x 1.57 = $94.20

6. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Saw several copies of the limited Blu set at my local Costco today for $179.99.

7. Michael

I'm with you bother! I'm patiently waiting..I have much on the watch pile as it is...

8. Michael

that's a good sign as Costco will get the closeouts as well...if it doesn't sell out.

9. Michael

a fair price for the complete DVD set would be $49.99!

ArpMoog and Vidiot like this.
  10. RockWizard

Give it time, the price will fall. They rather unload something dirt cheap than have it take up space in a store or warehouse.

Michael likes this.
  11. Michael

yes, they will wait until they sell enough at the high price and drop it and piss off some of the ones that paid the higher pricing.

12. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

13. Michael

GEE, I GUESS IT DID MATTER...

Batman - Information on Missing Content and Replacement Discs

Replace those discs!
    Posted by Gord Lacey
    [​IMG] 12/02/2014
    [​IMG]

Below is the information Warner Bros just sent out regarding the missing content and replacement discs:

• Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) will provide fans with replacement discs and digital repairs to the few minor technical issues identified in its recent release of Batman: The Complete Television Series.

Amounting to less than five minutes of footage within the 50-plus hours of entertainment, the issues encompass one 60-second dropped scene in the episode entitled "Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds"; a brief piece of rarely-heard William Dozier narration that originally opened the pilot episode, "Hi Diddle Riddle"; and an assembly of villain tags from the end of assorted episodes.

"The restoration process of this footage - spanning 48 years and two major studios - has been a super heroic task, and we deeply regret even the smallest of glitches occurring in that process," said Rosemary Markson, Senior Vice President, TV Brand Management & Retail Marketing, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. "We recognize our obligation to the fans of this landmark series, and we have worked diligently to identify all issues and provide resolutions as quickly as possible."

To resolve these issues for consumers purchasing Batman: The Complete Television Series, WBHE will make available complete replacement discs for the discs that originally included the episodes "Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds" and "Hi Diddle Riddle." The villain tags will be re-issued as an assembled string on one of the aforementioned discs and, as an added bonus, WBHE has acquired rights and legal clearances to both a Bat-vehicle teaser that originally aired as part of the second season-opening "Shoot A Crooked Arrow" episode, and one of the original promotional tags that aired on the original showing of the "The Duo Defy" episode. Additionally, all fixes will be made to all Digital HD versions of Batman: The Complete Television Series.

To obtain the replacement discs, consumers who have purchased Batman: The Complete Television Series are directed to www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.

Worldwide demand for the Limited Edition box set of Batman: The Complete Television Series has been tremendous, resulting in widespread retailer sellouts and rapidly dwindling inventories heading into the holiday season. To fulfill consumer interest, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced a new streamlined Blu-ray™ box set that includes all 120 episodes and matching enhanced content from the limited edition set, but without the added premium items or Digital HD copy. Purchasers of this set will also need to utilize the customer service website to obtain replacement discs.

14. Michael

15. Thanks for posting this, Michael...just requested a replacement disc for my blu-ray box set via your link...:wave:

Michael likes this.
  16. Michael

thanks my friend...Malcom posted the link first I expanded it...glad it worked out for you!

lukejosephchung likes this.
  17. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

Evidently the errors were considered significant enough for WB to issue replacement discs. Not only that, but they are covering not just that one missing scene, but the missing William Dozier narration in the first episode, the next week villain tags, the season 2 preview from the Archer episode and another bit I didn't even remember. It's unfortunate that so often, despite best efforts, studios don't always get everything right the first time, but if I'm reading this correctly, they are making this 100% right. I wasn't expecting the next week villain tags, but I'm glad they will be there. Does it completely ruin the show to be missing one end tag scene and some small promo-type things? No, but it should be as complete as possible, especially since none of the material is "lost."

It's probably only because this is a high-profile release and the sales figures are there, that they're even making the effort. If it was another show that didn't have the following, they might not have even bothered.

Now I wonder if this will eventually make its way into newly-manufactured sets. I haven't bought the set yet. Maybe I better!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  18. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

WB comes through as per usual. There was clearly no reason for anyone to delay their purchase or regret their pre-order.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Great suggestion made over at Blu-ray.com : Put a Geek on staff to oversee these things before they're ever released !
    Some guy who wasn't born yet, during the original run of the show, who somewhere during the course of his life decided that since he had no girl, no friends, and no outside interests other than studying a TV show from the past, becomes the expert...the go-to guy on this particular show.
    Let him go over every frame, literally, before releasing it to the public.
    Makes sense !

DiabloG, Vidiot, noname74 and 2 others like this.
  20. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Thank you WB for doing the right thing. I don't want scenes missing from shows I purchase the same way I wouldn't want 10 seconds of music missing from a compact disc purchase.

21. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

The same sort of geek that posts frequently on message boards.

:wave:

22. People realize they've stripped the home video departments down to the bone at the Hollywood studios? Hollywood has been planning for declining home video revenue for years. They think most everything is moving digital sooner rather than later and expensive employees were the first cuts.

EasterEverywhere and Vidiot like this.
  23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

This is very sadly true. And Kevin Tsujihara, the current CEO of WB, has laid off even more studio employees this year -- including people who knew their vaults and the studio's legacy better than anybody. This, despite the fact that WB made more profit this year than any other.

24. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

here is a send up from an Australian 80's tv show ! the one who does catwoman is pretty good

25. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

WB seem to be good at dealing with these issues so credit to them for sorting so quickly. About 15 years ago my son wrote to them about the Batman Animated video releases and they wrote a personal letter back which he (and I) greatly appreciated. Oh and by the way, my son introduced (by telephone) the BTAS episode 'the Grey Ghost' on itv in the UK, when it first aired. For those who are unfamiliar with it, the story was about Bruce Wayne's childhood tv hero, which was voiced by Adam West!

DiabloG, PhantomStranger and jriems like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.