Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Weird. I got mine a day before street date.

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

A December code ?

3. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

nov1420 still works

4. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

But it's 20% instead of 25%.

5. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

yes, has been 20% instead of 25% for quite some time now (oct1425 cf nov1420)

When you think about it, 5% difference is negligible/NOUGLHT!

$20 lp, 5% is $1.

6. Badnruin

Badnruin Forum Resident

After pestering them I finally received an email with a shipping notification for replacements. This was after an almost comical phone conversation where the told me they "basically" didn't receive my shipment. As soon as I told her I had tracking on the package she told me she would send out replacements. Hopefully these aren't damaged either.

tmtomh likes this.
  7. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

I thought I was getting a good deal on an item there until I got to shipping...holy cow. Negated any savings.

8. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

Really? Was it just one or two LPs? I've only placed orders of about 7 or more items, so its always been quite a steal for me

9. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

I was ordering a box set. They wanted $12.95 for shipping.

10. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

I want to order some stuff from Music Direct, but their cheapest shipping is $11.48! At least CCM has a bigger discount, 20 vs 10%.

11. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

I just received shipping notification for the 4 Beatles LP pre-orders purchased from CCM during the 25% sale. Fingers crossed on packaging for these multi sets.

12. psychedelia

psychedelia The Psychedelic Axolotl

They cancelled my Wilco-order claiming they had limited stock. I call BS - I had it pre-ordered about a month in advance.

tmtomh likes this.
  13. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

I pre-ordered the Beatles Red and Blue albums a few weeks ago using the November 20% off code. CCM shipped them out yesterday.

14. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident

Yeah me too, but I expected that. They are in no way a legit online retailer.
    My message read:
    I am glad I got what I did, but my discount came at a price: shipping mix-ups, frustrating phone calls, and many damaged sleeves (splits and bends) from very poor packaging. Still, I ordered 25 titles and paid an average of $15ea!!! My entire order included audiophile pressings from MoFi, Music Matters, DBTs, Godspeed!, Wilco and others. $15 average is damn good!

15. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

But they don't even show the Blue album right now?
    the beave

16. Badnruin

Badnruin Forum Resident

I just received a batch of perfect replacements. Overall a slightly frustrating experience but you can't beat those prices.

17. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

18. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

Getting my 3rd order together. So far so good for me, I am still waiting on a back order but if it doesn't show no big loss.

19. tyler928

tyler928 Forum Resident

Has anyone dealt with a return for a damaged item instead of a replacement? They docked the shipping charge (which was quite high) when they processed a return. I didn't want to wait for over a month to get a replacement. So they said no problem, we'll do a refund instead. But now I'm stuck with the original shipping bill.

20. Badnruin

Badnruin Forum Resident

My replacements took more like 2-3 weeks but I know what you mean. They asked if I wanted replacements or a refund but I still wanted the records so I didn't mind waiting. Didn't cost me anything

21. tyler928

tyler928 Forum Resident

That's lucky for you. In my experience with CCMusic and Deep Discount, they basically ask for 30 days to process, and they usually "forget" unless you remind them at that point.

(Had I known before that CCMusic was the same company as Deep Discount, I would not have ordered from them.)

22. tyler928

tyler928 Forum Resident

Update: They say they will refund the shipping cost. So my only beef with them now is the extended period that replacements take (in my experience).

23. Badnruin

Badnruin Forum Resident

That's good to hear. I think their problem is incompetence rather than ill will. As long as you keep tabs on them they seem to be pretty reasonable.

tyler928 likes this.
  24. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member

The other shoe fell. My paramount records vol2 got cancelled. Oh well Maybe next year.

25. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

I unsubscribed to their junk emails weeks ago...multiple times...and I still get them. Oh well, junk mail filter time.