Survivor season 29: San Juan del Sur, Blood vs. Water # 2 (probable spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John54, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John54

John54 Senior Member Thread Starter

That was kind of fun, with the-thing-that-hadn't-happened-yet suddenly breaking out all over.

A special two-hour episode next week? What on earth is that about I wonder?

2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I thought he was chewing tobacco which would be against the rules of all other seasons. That's usually why someone spits all the time like that. Comes off as pretty crass.

3. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

Keith really screwed the pooch with his "just stick to the plan" comment. What a dufus. He's sure to stay around.

4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'm quoting GlamorProfession from last week, but once again this week, it seemed that Jeff's questions changed the course of the game during TC. Maybe there is a concerted effort by the producers for Jeff to be part of the game by having long discussions about what is and what may be. His questions and observations basically bring the players up-to-date on what we at home know. Personally, I don't like his lengthy questions and observations.

I thought John (Jon?) might be one that everyone might be going after. Maybe next week, huh?!

Maybe Keith was a professional baseball player in his younger years! ;)

applebonkerz likes this.
  5. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

It's just the next two episodes back-to-back. They started the season a week later than usual.

6. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

That was an amazing tribal council, gotta say.

7. beep

beep Senior Member

I have to agree that Jeff is now driving the game with his comments and questions, undermining and exposing alliances and back stabbing. To me this is like fixing the outcome. I guess the producers want what they want and are forcing the game in the direction they want it to go.

8. John54

I don't think it's necessarily fixing the outcome, because he seems to do it no matter who is scheming. I just call it "blowing everyone's strategy". Or trying to, or not caring if he might do.

9. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I just now had a chance to watch the last episode. I have no idea, nor do I care, who I want to win now. I think Reed is the smartest player left, so I was LOL when Keith said his bit at tribal. For me, chaos is fun at this point.

10. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

You realize that the 6-8 minutes they show of tribal council is edited down from a much larger period of time, right? It's likely that while Jeff does push the discussion in certain directions, I wouldn't expect that he would straight out introduce the direct questions we see in what is broadcast. Maybe he does, but based on other things they show at tribal, the way the players act towards other questions, it seems like it doesn't go down that way. It seems to me like the questions he asks, the idea behind them a lot of the time is to fill in the less savvy viewers, perhaps people who don't rune into every second of the show every week.

11. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

So tonight is 2 hours, does that mean it's a double eviction?

12. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

There's eight left and the CBS website says

Castaways Battle For A Spot In The Final Six in a Two-Hour Episode
    http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/p...-spot-in-the-final-six-in-a-two-hour-episode/

Looks like it's going to be two episodes back to back and not a two hour show.

8pm - Survivor - Kind Of Like Cream Cheese
    9pm - Survivor - Still Holdin' On

xdawg and rburly like this.
  13. John54

There were six of the final eight that I would have no problem if they won, because they're all likable in their own way, despite the scheming. The exceptions were Keith and Alex, and I can't say I hate them , I just like the others a lot more.

This might be the most likable bunch ever, although I can think of past individual contestants that I prefer even more.

14. xdawg

Missy gotta go! Honestly, I don't care for anyone at this point. It's just degrees of dislike that separates each player for me. Jon & Missy are at the bottom of the list for me.

15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I would agree. I was thinking Missy and her daughter were at my bottom first, but Jon has wormed his way to the Missy level. I can't honestly say that I'm rooting for anyone in particular to win the game. And again, I really don't care who wins right now.

Didn't the previews show that Missy looked like she was hurt by getting hit in the face? Did anyone else catch that??

xdawg likes this.
  16. xdawg

Yes, it actually appeared that she had to leave the game. One can only hope!

rburly likes this.
  17. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

Gotta say this is the worst season ever:rolleyes: Missy & Baylor:p along with Jon & Jacklyn:p I'm actually rooting for Natalie:sigh:

xdawg likes this.
  18. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

i concur. haven't cared for Missy all along and Jon just bugs me more and more each episode. maybe he's getting a bad edit but he just seems very self centered. he's very much outkicked his coverage with Jaclyn. it will be interesting to see if Natalie switching her vote to Alec causes her game harm. because Jon really wanted spittin' Keith out of there.

xdawg likes this.
  19. xdawg

:yikes:

:)

gotityet0 likes this.
  20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

for me, anyone but john.

would love to see baylor win, she could be the new parvarti and be around for the next couple of all-star shows,

21. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

If that happens, this will be my last season to view for a few years. I'm done with this season after last night's episode. I struggled to find a likable character all season. Keith maybe comes the closest.

Wanted to like Jon and Jaclyn but he's self a centered PITA and she can't make up her mind. Plus they are lazy.

Missy and Baylor are empty characters. I don't know why the are still there. Remember Missy was arguing after the shuffle of tribes about her new tribe not preparing enough rice when she just came from a tribe that had no food left. She was part of the problem. She is her own walking problem.

I've given up and am waiting for a do over next season. This one is done.

gotityet0 and xdawg like this.
  22. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I agree with many of the comments here. A real yawner this season. I'm rooting for Keith, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'd be OK with Natalie, too. The two "blood" couples left leave me cold and bored.

jriems, gotityet0 and xdawg like this.
  23. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

What will they do when the finale happens live in Los Angeles on stage with live audience and Keith goes to spit? you know it's gonna happen. :laugh:
    Keith: "I dang can't help it, just comes out like that" :D

gotityet0 and xdawg like this.
  24. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I don't get the hate for this season.

I'm completely pulling for Natalie and have been for a few weeks. I'm glad the larger alliance stuck together and voted out Reed as that was the smart thing to do. But I think Natalie made a serious blunder this last time in switching her vote to eliminate Alec instead of Keith. It gained her nothing and tipped her hand. What is the point of going against Jon if its not a killshot? Now you've just put yourself on his radar when he previously completely trusted you. The idea of keeping Keith because he will help her vote out Jon makes no sense. She could have done the same exact thing with Alec and not revealed her plan.

I hope it doesn't cost her, but I'm afraid it will.

How so? She's okay in challenges, but I don't think she's shown herself to be very strategic. It wasn't until this week, in her working with Natalie, that she's shown any strategic bent at all. I don't see a comparison to Parvarti at all.

25. xdawg

Natalie should have thought it through better two episodes ago when she told Jon at tribal council that he better play his idol. If she didn't warn him, he wouldn't have played it and would have been voted out. So, I'm confused about her skills -she outwitted herself. I'm not a fan of Natalie - but prefer her over any of the couples.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.