Jurassic World

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

It's all fun and games until…..

2. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

This looks so ridiculous. I half expect the movie to end with Chris Pratt's Andy Dwyer character from Parks & Recreation suddenly waking up in bed, because it seems like something so over the top and ridiculous that that character would dream up.

Lucidae, ssmith3046 and Mazzy like this.
  3. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

This franchise is one sequel away from a complete reboot of the series.

JimC and quicksrt like this.
  4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The new director doesn't have the most impressive resume, but maybe he'll bring something new to the series...

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

cool! can't wait for the home video release! and of course the mega box set...

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

all I really care about are the Dinosaurs...

7. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I think it looks fun, will definitely go see it opening weekend.

Safety Not Guaranteed was a great little movie, interested to see what the director does with a LOT more money to play with.

8. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

The story looks similar to the original Jurasic Park just updated but still might be fun to watch.

9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Dinosaurs - what could go wrong?

Tex_Writer, pscreed and Vidiot like this.
  10. I bet Speilberg has final cut

11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Looks good. Interesting that they kept the new genetically engineered dinosaur under wraps in the trailer.

12. progrocker71

I bet Spielberg won't exercise that right even if he has it, because I'm sure Steven had a hand in choosing the director and he likes to foster young talent.

Vidiot likes this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think it looks very good and will make a ton of money. I laughed out loud at the outrageous Jaws in-joke. Note that we just passed the 40th anniversary of that movie.

Spielberg has actually been very protective of directors who work for him, and several people have reported he's given very detailed notes to young directors working on Amblin TV shows & films, but added, "ultimately it's your film. It's up to you as to whether to change it."

Stormrider77 and SandAndGlass like this.
  14. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Looks fun but silly. How does that Seaworld sized pool hold a super giant Dino Orca thingy? What if that Brontosarus decided to step a few to the right? Those kids in the bubble cart would be crushed. That park is very unsafe and needs work. Lol

Ghostworld likes this.
  15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

You're probably right and I will see it. However, going by the trailer it just seems to be recycling the previous movies but with added cheese. I don't foresee anything original or novel about it except different dinosaur species (like the pliosaur snacking on the shark).

Also, I'd bet that since there's a genetically modified dinosaur, it will necessarily have some 'super powers' in order to be extra threatening (maybe even an Alien type creature?). Not holding my breath.

16. progrocker71

Monster movies don't have to be original, they just have to be true to the expectations of the genre.

Ghostworld likes this.
  17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Genere expectations are one thing, blatant recycling is another. I guess we will see...

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I read interviews with some of the creative people involved and they said, "it took more than 10 years for them to come up with a script that Spielberg would accept, one that wasn't just a remake/ripoff of the previous movies" (not an exact quote). So my take is that they're covering similar territory but in a fairly different way.

I'm trying to figure out why any government on earth would allow a dinosaur theme park anywhere, after dinosaurs killed dozens (if not hundreds) of people and stampeded through San Diego in the previous film...

19. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I hope you're right and that the trailer isn't indicative.

Money, corporate power, corrupt officials & lobbyists - same as usual.

Encuentro likes this.
  20. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

That alone would make the movie worth watching. ;)

PROG U.K. and Mazzy like this.
  21. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'll pass.

22. Governments repeat the same **** all of the time.

23. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

#bringbackjeffgoldblum

24. Darby

Darby Forum Resident

How predictable, I can't believe they've waited this long to cash in on that franchise. It's going to be just like Godzilla, boring and predictable storyline with loads of CGI so they can bring in the masses of people to pay for their retirements.

25. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

With its Predator/Alien type appraoch, it looks like a fun movie and a logical step on from the previous films. I'll rent it in a couple of years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.