Poll : 'Pretenders' album in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AdamCalifornia, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

It's also on an obscure WEA / Real Records compilation called "Don't Get Me Wrong". That release also contains "Porcelain" and the Live US Festival version of "Money" that was on the B-side of the 2000 Miles 12".

eelkiller likes this.
  2. Licorice pizza

Licorice pizza Livin’ On The Fault Line

Have "Learning to Crawl", just bought, today in fact, the extended play Lp with Cuban Slide live recording on side 2.

3. Muzyck

Found this EMI UK Music Publishing promo in the bins this year. A two CD set with tracks from the first LP through Break Up The Concrete.

[​IMG]

4. Muzyck

Are you sure that Cuban Slide was live? I think the live track is "Precious". I don't think that track has ever seen a digital release.

5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Muzcyk is correct

6. Licorice pizza

Licorice pizza Livin’ On The Fault Line

Ooops! I put it in my shopping cart at the store really fast and took a wrong mental picture. I stand corrected!

7. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I have only ever listened to the debut, which is a killer album IMHO. I have the remastered 2xCD and an old Sire LP.

8. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

No Pretenders at all. Another band that never did anything for me.

9. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

As this seems to be the current all-encompassing Pretenders thread, I'll post my question here....

Can anyone tell me which is superior sounding, the '09 Gold Disc CD of the first album or the recent SACD release? I know the easy answer would normally be the SACD simply because of the higher resolution but sometimes that ain't the case. I ask because.... well ...one very late night a week ago, I order the debut CD mistakenly thinking it was the SACD but it turns out it's the Gold CD.

10. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I'm weird because II is my favourite album of theirs, and followed by Learning To Crawl. I'm not that big on the first album though I own a copy.

11. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

I have just about everything except the last couple of albums. I kinda lost interest with Viva El Amor.

12. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Had the cassette back in the day,the cd (actually one of The first 3 CDs I purchased when getting a player in '85),the remastered cd with bonus tracks, the AF gold cd (which I traded),a Japanese vinyl copy (2nd hand with obi) and the MOFI SACD

13. rudyy

rudyy Active Member

I have the first three Pretenders albums and a 12-inch single on vinyl. The first two albums rock. I also have the first two albums on CD. I recently watched a Pretenders concert.

14. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Got their first album, Learning To Crawl & Get Close on vinyl I have Packed! on cd.

Saw them open for The Who in 2006.

15. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I have...
    Pretenders I vinyl and 2 cd set
    Pretenders extended play vinyl
    Pretenders II single cd
    Pretenders learning to crawl cd
    Pretenders best of - Sony Spacial products

16. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

I have the self titled debut, II, Learning to Crawl, and Get Close on vinyl. Still sound great. First saw them live around 79, back in the day. Also have last year's Chrissie Hynde solo, Stockholm.

17. YouKnowEyeKnow

YouKnowEyeKnow Forum Resident

I have S/T and "Learning To Crawl" on vinyl, and the Pirate Radio Box

18. dennis the menace

dennis the menace Forum Veteran

I`ve got the Canadian original vinyl pressing from 1980 + a special WEA promo copy I got in 1981. On CD, I have the original Canadian CD pressing, the Rhino double CD, the newly released MFSL and the one included in the Edsel box set. I must admit that I love the Rhino version above all. I had the chance to see the Original lineup of The Pretenders in a very small venue in Montréal in the summer of 1980. This band rocked...

19. strummer101

strummer101 The insane on occasion aren't without their charms

I have all the studio CDs except for Viva El Amor. No reason, I'll get it eventually.
    I own no live music from them.

So, I didn't vote because "all but one of the studio CDs but no live stuff" isn't on the list.

20. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Loved the debut from the start! Still do. I currently own it in:

LP
    Domestic CD
    2 CD Deluxe Remastered Edition

I also own on CD:

Pretenders II
    Learning to Crawl
    Packed !

I also own on LP:

PretendersII