The last movie you watched was...? (take four)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

Birdman - Michael Keaton as a washed up actor who used to be famous for portraying a super hero. The film does precisely squat with the real world/fictional world connection.

It's shot to look like it's one continuous take, presumably to create the effect that you're watching the performances in real time, like a stage play (Keaton's character is putting on a play.) Similarly, the film does precisely squat with that real world/fictional world connection.

Most people seem to adore it. I was vaguely irritated. That said, I don't like The Big Lebowski either.

2. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For.

Wish it would have been made back when it was originally planned. Jolie in Green's role would have been awesome! Plus we might have had a few of the original actors from the first film playing their roles.

4. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Insidious

Somewhat enjoyable, but mostly cliche with blatant horror movie ripoffs - mostly from Poltergeist.

5. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

'The Homesman' (2014) - only 6 people in the screening I went to so clearly not a popular choice. However, as a fan of the Western, I definitely enjoyed it.

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Horrible Bosses

7. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

Count Yorga, Vampire. You can pretty much figure it out by its name.

8. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Eraserhead
    Brazil

9. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Some of the original actors were in the second film: Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, and Powers Boothe. Personally I preferred Eva Green. Jolie couldn't have played the sexy role unless more covered up, I believe she had a double mastectomy due to cancer.

10. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Yes, but Jolie's operation was long after the time Jolie was attached to the film (and I have no doubt that Jolie has had corrective cosmetic surgery to look as she did before). Green did fine, but I'm not that big a fan, I think Jolie would have brought more to the role. We'll never know.

Other actors were substitutes in this second film, for example Dwight, Miho and Manute were all played by different actors. The only substitution that really mattered imo was Josh Brolin for Clive Owen as Dwight.

11. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Extra-long weekend means time to catch up a bit and get to a few that have been on the DVR forever...

last night - The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Not a big Steve Carell aran though I'm maybe one of the few that liked the Get Smart film and thought it had some potential for a lower budget style series of sequels. Not a Jim Carrey fan either. Mrs DC recorded it though and last night I was in the mood for a light film so I gave it a shot and actually enjoyed it for what it was. They both did their bits extremely well I thought, and just "over did" them enough for the what the movie was supposed to be. Good entertainment and a pleasant surprise for ol' cynical me.

Tonight - Mercury Rising

I like Bruce Willis most of the time but detest to the extreme Alec Baldwin...which would win for me on this film? Neither actually. Just thought it was pretty lame stuff...only loser was me for wasting my time.

12. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Housebound - a recent horror/comedy film from New Zealand about a house that may have a ghost. Worthwhile.

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Drive Angry...

Mark Nelson likes this.
  14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Three Burials

15. alexpop

Nic Cage' 3D sex scenes ..are a hoot.

16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Holiday in Spain (1960), which took the earlier Scent of Mystery, shot in Smell-O-Vision, removed almost an hour, and reformatted it in 70mm Cinerama. Starring Peter Lorre and Denholm Elliot. The story is a piffle, but the scenery is great and it's nice to see a restored Cinerama film with a plot.

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, that chick is smokin!

18. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

All or Nothing (2002)

19. alexpop

20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Two Faces of January.

21. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

GRAY LADY DOWN - Good submarine disaster thriller with a ton of familiar faces.

MarkO likes this.
  22. alexpop

Last time I seen this was
    'at least 20 years ago.
    End scene"Head in the box ..."
    A Wtf moment.
    Is there a directors cut/longer version?

23. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

The Lego Movie

Great stuff!

24. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I watched My Cousin Vinny last night. Strangely enough I hadn't seen it before.

25. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Nebraska

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.