Person of Interest - New TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I still like the show but re-invented itself into something more interesting, not so sure yet.

No Static likes this.
  2. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I sense another plot change soon...

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I still like this show a lot. Another good episode tonight.

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Not your girlfriend? Why not!?

Had to laugh.

56GoldTop likes this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Better: "How do you do that with your voice?" I hope Steve saw that, his muttering drives our host crazy.

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I did. I like a show that can poke fun at itself.

"How do you do that with your voice?"

"Do what?"

56GoldTop likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I agree. This is one of the biggest problems with these huge, sprawling shows that are trying to tell a larger story. Too often, you feel like they're just treading water and not really pushing the plot line forward. My guess is, either the writers can't decide what to do, or they're trying to pad out the episodes to save a climactic turn for the end of the season. This can work when there's a definitive ending (as in Breaking Bad), but it's very frustrating when the story just kind of collapses when the show ends (Lost, X-Files, Twin Peaks, etc.).

8. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

The problem I have with shows with an over-arching storyline is that they only spend about 5-10 minutes of each episode dealing with the "big story". Burn Notice was one of the worst offenders. It seems that most episodes only got a few minutes dealing with finding out who burned Michael Weston. It seems to me that POI could be falling into this same situation.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, and often the case of the week stuff is pretty lousy--only the long running arc is interesting. The Blacklist has really fallen into this hole this season.

10. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

I don't really watch any TV religiously; but, my wife watches and so I do I every now and then. I happened to watch this episode with her and wasn't expecting those lines.

Ditto. I had to laugh.

11. Lonson

Root holding Shaw too long made me laugh. And Shaw drugged into submission. . . she's going to be awfully mad when she wakes up!

12. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

I enjoyed last nights episode. Things are starting to get interesting.

13. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Overall entertaining, well-acted, well-written.

No Static likes this.
  14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Shaw is the only character keeping me interested at this point.
    Harold and especially Root have gotten lame IMHO, not sure how much longer we'll hang in

15. Mrs. Beeton

Mrs. Beeton Active Member

I'd like to see a major advancement in the story-line (i.e. some progress or a victory for the heroes). The whimpy Harold that the season began with (basically "let's crawl into our shells and hide") seemed out of character. And I'm kind of sick of Root's crush on Shaw - that seemed to appear out of nowhere several episodes ago. I need a lot more of Reece and Shaw kicking as$ and shooting badguys every week.

16. Lonson

Root's crush on Shaw was referenced last season as well iirc.

17. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

There's been some 'teasing' comments by Root to Shaw going back to their first scene together in the hotel room where Root was about to torture Shaw who was tied to a chair. The first serious comment by Root about Shaw was earlier this season in one of the first episodes [forget which one] where Root is about to engage in a shootout which she and Harold assume will be fatal. Root says to Harold something to the effect, "If I don't make it, tell Shaw ..." and Harold replies, cutting her off, "No need, I believe she already knows".

On a different note ... I would agree with the comment that the overall plot needs to show some progress on behalf of 'team Harold'. They need a decisive win or two.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    Vidiot likes this.
  18. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I'm getting tired of too many crises--Samaritan, the psycho blonde, Dominic, and the 'number of the week'. They need to simplify. I think they have some decent actors there, especially Harold and Root. I think the lesbian storyline is kind of fresh, as long they don't try to milk it in some unseemly way. If they continue to push this Samaritan thing and Dominic into next year, I'll probably be out of the picture.

Mrs. Beeton likes this.
  19. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Unlike her disposition most of the time, which is just mad.

20. Lonson

21. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

And keep in mind that Shaw or Sarah Sahi which is her real name is half Iranian and part Spanish, her mother is from Galicia, the Celtic part of Spain, and Galician women are kind of temperamental and intense, I know what I'm talking about, my mother is 100% Galician and I worked in there for 12 years. Women rule there, men, just obey. Ooops, sorry, it seems like I'd be badmouthing about my father.

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Those who have been complaining about too little focus on the computers should be pleased by the latest episode.

I guess it's still fun, although the show gets more out there with every episode.

The candy vending machine that serves as a portal into the secret hideaway was pretty ridiculous, and seems more like something you might have seen in the old Batman series...

rockclassics likes this.
  23. Lonson

It's fun. And out there. Nice to have backstory on Greer. Things are heating up, next few episodes should be action-packed.

No Static likes this.
  24. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

I was thinking Get Smart.

I hope interest isn't lost over the next two weeks. If I saw the "next" promo correctly, Part 2 of 3 will not broadcast until early January.

rockclassics likes this.
  25. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.