Completely Different CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zombeels, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombeels

Zombeels Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have a CD by the Young Fresh Fellows titled "Totally Lost" The case and the CD are labeled as such but when I play it, it is a completely different Young Fresh Fellows CD. Are these extremely rare or do these manufactured malfunctions show up from time to time? Also do they have any better or worse value to them.

2. KenJ

KenJ Forum Resident

I have ripped my ~5,000 CDs and came across my first example of a disk with the wrong bits. The artist is the same but the music is from a 2CD Anthology vs. what is printed on disc and case.

I don't know if this is rare or collectible. I assume it's not desirable. I would like to return it.

3. Zombeels

I would at least like to get the proper case.

4. It happens on occasion but in my experience its usually with different artists. Had that happen with one album by Bruce Springteen's wife Patti that was really a gospel artist that I didn't recognize.

5. A. Scrounger

A. Scrounger Forum Resident

I had this occur with several copies of their "This One's for the Ladies."

6. Zombeels

That is the CD that plays instead of "Totally Lost"

7. A. Scrounger

A. Scrounger Forum Resident

I believe mine plays "Totally Lost" Weird!

8. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

I had a weird experience one day, and I swear this is true.

I bought the 30th anniversary reissue of "In the court of the Crimson King". Back in the car I decided to give the cd a spin. So I started to play the cd, expecting the big heavy chords of "21st century schizoid man" to begin..... .....and then I heard some mexican festive music coming out of the speakers !

The artwork on the cd was correct, but it was a totally mistaken album (and band) that was pressed. For a few seconds I just felt like I had entered the twilght zone or something. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.