Beatles "Long Tall Sally" Record Store Day EP (with photos)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BeatleStair, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

I've got my copy too. Thanks for showing photos, because I intend to keep mine sealed.

lennon_08518 and BeatleStair like this.
  2. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

You should play it. Sounds wonderful! Thats why I bought two, one to keep sealed. ;)

3. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

I wouldn't say so. Apart from MMT, there's enough bass on many of those EPs. Of course, it's almost always rolled off, even if just a little bit, but it's still there.

4. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I have a few these Beatles eps. I'm not sure what year their from. I'm thinking their from the 70s. Anybody know??

5. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

Can I ask if there´s any place to order this online?

6. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

ebay.com :winkgrin:

Buy-it-now prices are currently running about $25, which isn't too bad considering that many stores had it for $15. For $10 extra, it was worth it to me not to get up early, drive through the snow, and wait outside in line in the freezing temps.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Izozeles and joeislive like this.
  7. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose had many copies this morning at their store. Will prolly be on their website tomm.

8. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Just picked up two copies at Rainbow Records in Barrington, Illinois. One for me and one for a buddy.

9. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

They look pretty cool. I might pick one up if I can get one cheap enough. Otherwise, oh well!

10. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Curious as to how we know this is all analogue

11. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

Sticker on the outside says so (easily visible in the first post of this thread).

chacha likes this.
  12. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Thanks!

NaturalD likes this.
  13. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Paid $15 a piece (before tax).

14. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Just got one for 20 bucks with 2.50 shipping to Pennsylvania. There's loads at 25 bucks with free shipping.

15. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Its on the website as in store only so far.

16. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

In his yearly black friday preview video, Chris Brown (from Bull Moose) said that they'll put stuff online on Monday

Easy-E likes this.
  17. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

15 Bucks + tax for the record with 4 songs which is modern replica of the original? Sorry, I'll pass on that. Looks like just a souvenir or memorabilia, don't care much for either one. At least if it was an original or 70s pressing, it would have been nice to have as collectors item, but this modern issue IMO is pure money grab.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  18. I'm thinking of this. I have the mono box, but I'm a sucker for 7" EPs with picture sleeves (I don't have any, but one of my uncles had many and I loved them).

19. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

That looks awesome!

20. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Is it me, or are the margins off on the new one? Look at all that space at the right of the text, new vs. old:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

apple-richard and Izozeles like this.
  21. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

That 'old' one is one of the 82 reissues. The 64 model doesnt have as wide flips as the new one no

[​IMG]

or this variant either

[​IMG]

22. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

I understand what you say about the original, but why would a 70s pressing be better?

On a different subject: do you all think this new version was cut from the first generation master or from the tape copy made for the 2014 mono masters?

23. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Would love to see for the next RSD an EP release of the Yellow Submarine mono mixes, as was apparently planned (in 1969).

Yes, I know they're on Mono Masters, but I think a lot of fans/collectors would jump at it.

I'll enjoy this one in the mean time.

MrRom92, ronbow and Yosi like this.
  24. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Nah, I have these songs a zillion times as a diehard collector. Including on the new Mono LP set.

25. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

As a collector I bought one, but I feel the same way in general; I am not a fan of re-issues that are almost identical to the originals. I would have preferred that there was some brand-new EP designed for Record Store Day, with an exclusive photo cover.

joeislive likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.