Neil Young Official Release Series 5-8

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fourfeathers, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calfeerider

calfeerider Forum Resident

I just ordered the basic box without shirts as well.Lucked out with the coupon and got 20%.

2. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Yeah I just ordered the Series 5- 8 lp box set only, I got the $25.98 (15% discount), $16.99 shipping, and $13.20 tax, total $164,20.
    Really wanted the bundle, but small t-shirt only now. I'm sending an email to the store to see if they will receive any L or XL sizes.
    Hopefully they will respond quickly.

3. GreatTone

GreatTone Forum Resident

I waited in line at my local record store, where they had 1 copy of the box. The sound quality is outstanding (considering these are not audiophile recordings). My TTN was a perfect pressing. Unfortunately, On the Beach had some nasty noise at the beginning of See the Sky About to Rain (the very quiet part), and Zuma has a small but deep gouge/hole that causes a near-skip on the first cut. Anybody know how to exchange defective discs, or do I have to return the whole box? 50% defect rate -- about par for the course for me these days, unfortunately. At these prices, I admit I expect better.

Also, the covers are disappointing quality, not up to the standard of the first round of studio reissues. But I won't complain and will enjoy the great sound if I can get non-defective vinyl.

4. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

The tag on my On The Beach shirt I picked up locally says "100% cotton". Made by a company called rockmeapparel.com. It's a decent shirt.

5. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I agree that the sound quality is outstanding. Listening to TTN now and blown away. I, however, ended up with 2 OTB LP's and no TFA. Still waiting to hear about getting a replacement for an individual LP. I emailed Warner. My store will let me return, but I want to wait to see if I can get it replaced first.

6. GreatTone

GreatTone Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm sure my store would let me return the whole thing, but I'd prefer to just get replacements for the bad discs.

7. David P. Hill

Yes my TFA t-shirt is made from Optima cotton wear london, 50% cotton, 50% polyester, made in mexico. Its ok.

8. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I never got my coupon.

9. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

They said it takes up to 24 hours after you sign up. But I emailed them after a couple of hours and I got one right away, albeit for only 10%.

10. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

I got the coupon code, 10%, but not an order confirmation email. Did others get an order confirmation email?

11. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

I did.

12. POGunter

POGunter Forum Resident

Yes. My confirmation showed within minutes.

13. hagstrom71

hagstrom71 Forum Resident

I also got a confirmation email shortly after. You may want to check your spam or trash.

14. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Can you buy the shirts without the box anywhere? I bought the leaked box months ago...

15. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

jumpinjulian likes this.
  16. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

$25.49 shipping to Australia. It just says "International" shipping so possibly the same to the UK.

17. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm dying to spin these, but will have to wait until tomorrow. i can say, however, that from an aesthetic standpoint everything is in it's right place and looks beautiful. it damn well better for $160

19. David P. Hill

I ordered mine from NY store around 3:25pm CST and still no confirmation yet.

20. Graham

Graham Senior Member

May as well ask this here. Because this box is too big for my record shelving, I've been storing it horizontally for the last few weeks on top of a bookshelf. Every other LP I own I stored vertically, of course.

Given it's just 4 LPs in a box, will storing it horizontally make any difference?

21. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

I would store the LPs out of the box vertically, just to be on the safe side...

dminches likes this.
  22. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

I'd be really interested in picking up the t-shirts (size large) if anyone has them spare/would be willing to pick them up for me? Can send payment by PayPal. Thanks

23. David P. Hill

I called the store in New Brunswick, Maine and the sales rep said they didn't have those shirts in stock, but might have them later. You can take that as a grain of salt. I will check with an other store today. These are hard to fine. I also need a large. Looks like the bundle set was sold out, will send an email to see if they will have anymore. I ordered the lp set only, but I wnated the bundle set.

24. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I might be selling my 4 shirts from the bundle that are large if they're not slim fit, I am hoping they are American Apparel shirts...

25. paulbright81

paulbright81 Forum Resident

Got mine from Love Music Glasgow...Misspelled box and all £140. Pretty steep but I couldn't resist. No flaws so far on inspection but won't get a chance to listen as Im off to see John Grant with an orchestra in Edinburgh tonight.

Good times

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.