Polk Audio half price sale on everything - Nov. 2014

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by RubenH, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident Thread Starter

rushed again, -=Rudy=- and stereoptic like this.
  2. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

I'm very happy with my trusty Monitor 50's.Bought them almost 10 years ago.
    [​IMG]

3. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Amazing that they have the LSiM series also included in the 50% off deal. I actually need to get some 6½" car speakers and the DB651s fits my application. May have to jump on these. Any idea how long the sale lasts?

4. live evil

live evil Senior Member

Are the speaker prices listed per speaker? If so, it appears that the RTiA3's are cheaper on Amazon.

It does appear that you can get the LSiM703 for a good price.

5. -=Rudy=-

Yes, it appears that they are single speakers.

The auto speakers are in pairs.

FWIW, Polk has their "clearance center" over on FleaBay: http://stores.ebay.com/polkaudiodirect/ They will often have older models available. I almost jumped on a set of LSi25s which I think were selling for $1100 per pair. Sold out now, but they still have the LSiC center channel last time I looked. They do more clearly mark whether the speakers in their eBay store are singles or pairs.

6. -=Rudy=-

About $352 for black, and $366 for cherry, per pair. http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Bookshelf-Speakers-Cherry/dp/B000V2N310

I don't have room for any more speakers right now. :laugh: Although I saw a pair of Monitor 30s that I'd use in the kitchen.

7. RubenH

The email I got says "Offer expires December 6, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST " - - limited to 2 units.

-=Rudy=- likes this.
  8. RubenH

Ah, good catch, as it does appear the RTiA3's are $400 each direct from Polk, so they're $800/pair, which after 50% off is $400, which is still more than the Amazon price for the pair. I had been looking at the RTiA9's which definitely are 50% off their regular $749 price (each), making it a terrific discount.

9. -=Rudy=-

It does help to shop around on these. :agree: If I were in the market for a new pair, I'd be looking these over for sure.

For the car audio speakers, it works out to a good deal, as the ~$50 price is still less than the $60+ I've seen the same pairs for on Amazon and elsewhere (for new, not refurbished or used). I've had Polks in my cars for over 20 years now. I have another with some cheap factory Pioneers (must have cost them $3 each :laugh: ) and this Polk deal looks like something I'll act on before the sale expires.

10. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

I am looking for bookshelf speakers. Has anyone heard the LSiM703's?

11. BrewCrew82

BrewCrew82 The Most Notable Member

I have a pair of LSiM 705's, but haven't heard the 703's. I have owned polks from the SDA, new Monitor, LSi, and now the LSiM lines.

The LSiM line is really something special. I don't see how you could go wrong with the 703's at this price and you could probably get your money back if it isn't your cup of tea.

rushed again likes this.
  12. rushed again

The wife is not going to be happy I stumbled across this thread. :D

13. -=Rudy=-

She's OK with you reading it, but once those long boxes start arriving at the house... :D

George P likes this.
  14. RubenH

The RTiA9's are big, but luckily, the cherry wood is very nice and goes well with what we already have, so I didn't get much flak. What really bothered her was the A6 Center unit, which (for now) lies horizontally on an end-table.

15. rushed again

I did end up going the short route with the LSiM703's, and for some odd reason, my glasses are now missing. :laugh:

stereoptic likes this.
  16. -=Rudy=-

The speakers I'm overhauling (which I literally got in pieces) are electrostatics, so they are partially see-through. And the oak side rails I may refinish to a mahogany-shaded stain to match other items I have. I almost gave up on the project, though, and nearly bought the Polk LSi25s instead, when they had them on their eBay store. Thing is, I didn't like the idea of the plate amp for the subwoofer section, so I'd have voided the warranty if I modified them for bi-amping. But those would have been a hard sell for the family room, even though it's my above-ground man cave. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.