I want a refund!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Roger Meadows, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Meadows

Roger Meadows Active Member Thread Starter

Name an album or a concert that you didn't like so much that you wanted your money back?

2. Endless River?

RickH, EasterEverywhere, Aris and 6 others like this.
  3. Roger Meadows

Roger Meadows Active Member Thread Starter

Same here, Mazzy.

Martijn, Slick Willie and Mazzy like this.
  4. PiratesFan

PiratesFan Forum Resident

Hasn't happened. If I didn't like an album or concert, I figured that's my subjective fault. Can't make the arena or record seller eat the cost; not their fault the performance isn't up to snuff.

PhoffiFozz and Remy like this.
  5. I think that this is just a theorical thread :tiphat:

6. PiratesFan

PiratesFan Forum Resident

Oh. I didn't think of it that way.

7. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

The only non-defective purchase that I ever took back to the store and demanded a refund for:

[​IMG]

FORETASTE

8. FulhamTarheel

FulhamTarheel Forum Resident

Only time I would've considered it was an opener for a great band I saw years ago in a very small venue--the opening act was so bad and I was so drunk after every song I was screaming for them to get off the stage using very colorful language. I think I forced their set to cut it two or three songs short.

Fullbug likes this.
  9. Why? Wrong picture? ;)

sewerdog and jon9091 like this.
  10. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

They put a cool picture on the outside because they knew there was garbage inside. :)

11. I like Endless River.

Earthbound-King Crimson. Great performances,, horrible recording.

Former Scientist likes this.
  12. cublowell

cublowell Forum Resident

I saw Justin Townes Earle in September 2014 here in Pittsburgh, and it was awful in the worst way. His band seems talented, but JTE was on autopilot, in a daze. He rambled in a disinterested manner between songs, mostly to make comments about his mother and mention that he had earplugs so he couldn't hear any of us in the audience. The sound mix was also really bad, not that anything that was being played onstage could have been saved by a clear mix. JTE was here just about a year previous to this debacle, and it was everything a concert should be: each song had me more amazed than the last. This time, it was almost embarrassing. The openers were also boring/terrible. At least the beer was good.

melstapler likes this.
  13. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

The Posies. Saw them live just before Amazing Disgrace came out.
    Still the worst show I've ever seen. It was so bad I sold my Posies CDs.

They were late, played sloppy, and did just everything you could do to p*ss off a crowd.

14. Licorice pizza

Licorice pizza Livin’ On The Fault Line

Chaos and Creation in the backyard.

One play from the store driving home and gave it to Goodwill the following day.

15. Mmmmm I'd say they were taking Alex Chilton lessons but this was before they joined Big Star. :)

davers likes this.
  16. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

So you didn't learn your lesson with that copy of L.S. Bumblebee you bought back in 1970? :)

JFS3 and Helmut like this.
  17. Zombeels

Zombeels Forum Resident

I would love to return all my Copy-controlled Cds.

18. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

19. old school

old school Senior Member

Now that is the most inaccurate definition I have ever heard! And I find it offensive!

20. Def Leopard. Musically catchy, lyrically vapid. Went with my brother as his wife didnt want to go with him.

Some Time in New York City. Listening to it I had to wonder what the heck possessed John Lennon to record that album. Then it occurred to me that he was possessed.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    GV1967 likes this.
  21. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Actually, it was after. It was 1994 or so.

22. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

I really regretted giving Pete Doherty another chance earlier this year, when he booked a spontaneous bar gig in Amsterdam. Half an hour after the stage time the venue owner came on stage announcing they haven't even seen Doherty that day yet, since he never showed up for soundcheck. At 10pm he finally got on stage, but it being a random week day, with the last train to catch at 10:45pm, I wasn't happy. He sure made up for it by playing around 25 songs, tune after tune, from his whole catalogue, until after midnight. But the persons who had to go to work or school the next day or had to catch a train were screwed.

And when I see this, I know it was worth the price of admission. (A few days later the Babyshambles gig was a... shambles, last month The Libertines were in top form, and good to see things are going well with him).

Lost In The Flood and amoergosum like this.
  23. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

Diamond Dogs by Bowie.
    The most disappointed I ever was with an album.
    The Final Cut. I was quite disappointed when I got it home and spun it and it sounded nothing like Pink Floyd.

Paying for tickets to see The James Gang only to find out, while standing in line to get in, that he had quite the band but the promoters didn't tell anyone.
    Santana live in the early 70s. Terrible concert.

24. MasterGlove

MasterGlove Active Member

Argentinian guitar player Pappo's El Auto Rojo (1999)
    [​IMG]
    I only bought the CD because it was a bit of a rarity. I wasn't really expecting to be good, but to be blunt... this album isn't even worth the material is made of. By far, the worst record Pappo has ever released. Geez, even the cover is cheesy as hell.
    Thank God the last record he made before passing away was a return to form and a huge hit at the time.

P.S.: There's another Pappo record I regret buying, but because it's a crappy bootleg comp (I didn't notice) that sounds like it was recorded from a mobile phone (music's fine though).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  25. Oh you're right! Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.