Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hagstrom71

hagstrom71 Forum Resident

Ccmusic cancelled order a 2nd time.
    Great prices.. But not be a good option for sending gifts. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Ordered elsewhere for the usual $329 free shipping.

2. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

I got mine at CCM for $243.93 shipped a few weeks ago. Everything is mint.

goat65cars and AlienRendel like this.
  3. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

4. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

5. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

CC Music is showing it as in stock. The code JAN1520 brings the price to $249 + shipping.

AlienRendel and ad180 like this.
  6. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

There's a brand new set for sale in the classifieds for $255 shipped!

goat65cars likes this.
  7. The Beave

They won't ship it to the US, but Amazon.ca has a sealed one on their warehouse deals for $263 cdn....$212 USD!!! To bad...
    The beave
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B005NJ9CHK/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
    Damn

Oh hell, they have SIX on there. :realmad:
    And Amazon.US has suspended selling them AGAIN! o_O
    If they can ship to the US on their regular product then why can't they ship the warehouse deals stuff to the US? $212 would be a SWEET DEAL.
    Damn you Amazon.CA.
    You bunch of Turds.......:biglaugh:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  8. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

You would think Amazon would throw in the towel on this one and refuse, in some way, to not carry it. Not worth the hassle of clueless customers.

9. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

10. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

11. The Beave

Man, they've got Like 8 of them, but you don't know what to make of their description. On one hand they say it's factory sealed, then on the other hand it's missing cover art, which I take it to mean the 'Skirt' that's draped over the box. So how can that be missing and the box still be sealed?????
    It can't. Plus they charge tax in Washington state for the Warehouse deals...I'm out.
    O.U.T splells 'out'!
    what's that from?????
    the beave,

12. The Beave

Ah HAA!
    That's what they did. A couple of days ago there were like 7 on Amazon.CA for USA cheap, but they wouldn't ship to the US. Now all those are ALL GONE on Amazon.CA and guess where they landed????? Amazon.US, but hey you dorks, I'm not paying $45 friggin tax on what basically is a 'demo' grade item.
    the beave

13. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

Pretty pathetic.

14. The Beave

Now lowered just in the past hour or so to $236. Keep Going down Amazon!
    We're almost there. I swear they got the ones from Canada and put them on US.
    Still too high with tax, like throwing away $45. Which is two Beatles albums to me.
    the beave

15. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

At this point, you may just be throwing away your time not having them...

16. TeacFan

Have to agree on the sale tax thing. In a new condition, does each album come in shrink? What is the "skirt" some sort of advertising wrapper? I have never seen this for sale in a B&M.

17. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

The individual albums are not in shrink, but in resealable plastic bags. The "skirt" is a cardboard wraparound to the box that shows thumbnails and tracklistings for the albums on the back.

18. Lebowski

Yowza, $45 sales tax on $236? What's the sales tax rate in WA, like 19%???

19. TeacFan

Tax 9% in Calif. Lowest price now $229.63 W/ Sealed Medium cut / scratch on item. Amazon roulette. :shrug:

20. Lebowski

It's been a little over a year since we've had to start paying tax on Amazon purchases here is Mass. It was a good ride while it lasted. Luckily, still no tax on most Amazon marketplace sellers, so I use them if they do Amazon fulfillment. And still no tax on stuff from B&H, Adorama, etc.

21. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

It is only fair. It was a gigantic mistakes to exempt online retailers from state sales taxes. No wonder few brick and mortar stores survived.

22. The Beave

Sorry my bad. Our sales tax is 9.8% here. And Amazon is based here. But in my mind Warehouse Deals are used articles so if these were priced at say $175 I wouldn't have a problem with the sales tax. But a 'Scratch and dent' version for what we could have gotten a NEW one for from 'Blow IT outta here' when these first came out doesn't motivate me to push the sale button. :winkgrin:
    Three weeks ago my friend from Oregon said his local record store-yes a REAL record store-had 5 of the Stereo Vinyl Boxes on sale for $175 no tax. All 5 sold out in the first day of the sale, so I'm positive these will eventually sell for under $200, plus I already have the MONO LP reissues from the box I really NEED: MMTour/Sgt. Peppers/The White Album and Mono Masters-all for 25% off when Collectors Choice Music had their tremendous year end sale last year. $41 for the 3LP Mono Masters LP! :goodie:
    So I'm good to go with the mono. I don't NEED the Box when I already have the MONO CD box set, which I still think sounds pretty good. I did hear the first four MONO Reissue LP's and they were disappointing to me as they all STILL sound 'thin', meaning there is not enough Bass for my tastes, always been my pet peeve with the Beatles early albums, as I don't use a 'bass' or 'treble' control, I listen to music flat, those albums are very unsatisfying to me. (man that was a long sentence-sorry).
    The Stereo LP's/CD's are better on this point. And of course from Rubber Soul onwards the Bass content in their music improved tremendously culminating with a beautiful full sound on Abbey Road and Let It Be. But that's probably why here in America, the early songs sounded better over the radio...... due to a) the Capitol 'reverb' used to make the sound 'fuller' (hey there IS a reason Capitol did what they did. The early Beatles UK takes ARE thin sounding-not enough bass in the mixes, still are on these Mono's) b) the compression used on AM and FM broadcasting, which by design boost up the bass a bit. Just listen to 'I Feel Fine'. First the 'Dexterized' version full of Reverb and then the British 'Clean' version, even though the Reverb/US version is over the top, it DOES sound 'fuller' than the British version. I rest my case.
    Smoke Break.........and another cup of 'Joe'. coming right up!
    the beave

23. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

I used to buy a lot more on Amazon before I started to have to pay tax. Now I use the Marketplace more or eBay.

24. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

Just curious, which store was that? I never had any interest in the stereo vinyl box, but for $175 , I might have bought one!

25. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

GoHastings has 30% off vinyl with code INTUNE through 3/31, making Beatles box $237.66 shipped.

canonlon and Lebowski like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.