Survivor season 29: San Juan del Sur, Blood vs. Water # 2 (probable spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John54, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

3 tribals tonight.

2. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

I'll be watching:uhhuh:

3. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Thanks muchly.

4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Loved the blind side. Everything else turned out as expected.

gotityet0 and xdawg like this.
  5. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Reed was spot on! I'm happy for the winner though. It came down to two players at the final four - and I would have been happy for either one to win. After all that transpired, I feel positive that the best over-all player won. This is far from my favorite Survivor series, but tonight's shows were pretty good. And OMG at the next Survivor theme!

gotityet0 likes this.
  6. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Excellent season, my favorite player won, heh heh.
    The next season sounds good too, Feb 25th.
    It's really a perfect formula, and done well, very consistent.

My only gripe is that they aren't selling Survivor on bluray.
    Why the hell not?

I have recently started trying to get old seasons on DVD,
    and boy what a mess. Some are cheap, some are not.
    The ones I have looked better on broadcast TV.

7. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

That was probably the best jury speech since season one. Great that he stood by it at the reunion show instead of caving to fake niceness. :laugh: :thumbsup:

gotityet0 likes this.
  8. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I think Hulu Plus has almost all of the seasons available for streaming - I think it's Hulu Plus. No idea on picture quality, but it's probably cheaper than buying DVD sets.

asdf35 likes this.
  9. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Agree completely. Blind side was great, the rest went according to "script." While some apparently find Reed's diatribe wonderful, I thought it was as petty as petty could be - what a bloody whiner. I personally think his tribal speech was more annoying than an entire season of Missy.

As for next season's "class warfare" theme - :rolleyes:. Next we'll have Prematurely Bald vs. Full & Lush, followed by Obese vs. Anorexic, and then Private School Educated vs. Public School Educated.

I look forward to the day - should it ever come - that Survivor gets back to just selecting a bunch of people and letting them duke it out for 40 days.

rburly and Atmospheric like this.
  10. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

Nat was smart on talking to Jac about ousting Keith. Also didn't they used to burn effigy's and the camp too? At the end before going to L.A.

11. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

No burning of the torches and no burning of the camp. I can't recall that last time that happened, if at all. And, the regular show still went 15 minutes over into the reunion finale.

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I thought Reed came off as a dick. What did Missy ever do to him? Nothing that we saw on screen. And he never got taken to account for going through people's personal belongings, which I think is very shady. I can't believe nobody ever brought that up, especially after they all saw it when they watched the episodes.

Glad Natalie won. Though I think she got away with some risky moves that might not have really helped her. The blindside of Baylor, for one. When she first did it, I thought it was ballsy and that she might have snuffed out a plot by Baylor and Missy to get rid of her. The way Baylor asked Natalie to play her idol on Missy even though they were all supposedly voting for Jaclyn seemed weird. But Missy and Baylor DID vote for Jaclyn. So what was the point? It just made Baylor look suspicious to me. And its funny that Natalie and Rocker are friends now.

I like the concept for the next season.

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

little by little survivor is becoming a showcase for probst. last night really exemplified that.

natalie should have been gone when keith went, jacci screwed up, she might have beat keith, but no one was beating natalie.

yes reed is a dick, no if ands or butts about it, he needs an ass-whooping for what he said. it was done to strictly showcase himself, and it worked. he had his 15 minutes, i hope he never ever comes back.

not a word with rocker's girl, probst hates quitters, and it had to kill her too, you just know she was there for camera time.

still like baylor, she was straight.

ended up liking keith too.

next season has potential, depends ow long they keep them divided before the make 2 tribes out of 3.

14. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

when Keith was voted off instead of Natalie, the writing was on the wall. no real suspense left at that point...only the drama of what might happen with the jury's questions/speeches. and sure enough Reed came through with his lambasting of Missy. i thought he was pretty much dead on with his assessment of her but billing her as the wicked stepmother was harsh and mean spirited.
    congrats to Natalie. Jeremy was right, her game was the best.

15. agentalbert

I think she was in a no win situation. If she somehow managed a Jaclyn, Missy, Baylor final, she might have won. But whether it was Keith or Natalie, she wasn't going to beat either one of them. So I don't know that it was a screw-up.

16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Let me first say that I watched last night with my son, and he said the same thing you did in your last statement. And I couldn't agree more. As my son said, "When are they going to get back to Survivor?"

I agree compeletly about Reed's tongue-lashing and backtracking during the Live Show. He ripped Missy a new one, then when we found out he was religious and Jeff called him on the apparent inconsistency of his statements and his religious beliefs, Reed backtracked and said "Within the game that's how I felt." C'mon Reed, just say you didn't like her. We get it.

And, in an effort to always change the show of Survivor, now we have new groups to see how they fair in challenges! Anyone can come up with these things... Audiophiles vs. Non-audiophiles, Tall vs. Short people (thank you Randy Newman!), etc. Get back to the basics Jeff.

gotityet0 and jriems like this.
  17. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

18. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

:laugh: Oooh! Brainstorm for season 34: Mouth Breathers vs. Non-Deviated-Septums

rburly likes this.
  19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I'm skeptical about Jeff's speech about them living on a hundred calories of rice a day. Most do look pretty run down by the end but Natalie looked hotter after 30 days on the island I thought. I liked her much better on Survivor than Amazing Race (of course it helped not screeching Twinnie! every 30 secs too).

gotityet0 likes this.
  20. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

[​IMG]

Wes' wandering tongue didn't do a lot for visible jury intelligence either.

gotityet0 likes this.
  21. agentalbert

If all they had was the rice, it would be 100 calories a day. But then any fish, snails, crabs, coconuts, fruit, etc would supplement that. And the very common rewards.

22. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Did anyone notice how Jeff seems to be changing, either he is getting work done on his face or hair transplants but I guess that's part of Hollywood. I hope they get back to the real Survivor and not this dud season of day camp. The finale played out as expected, Nat did deserve the win out of the 3 left, she did play the best game. I'm not sure why Jaclyn brought up the fact that she couldn't have kids when pleading why she should be sole survivor, maybe that should have been information she should have shared during the game with her game mates. Missy was never going to win and yeah she did do things her way at camp and use rice however she wanted, she had her faults like everyone else. I didn't like Reeds bashing of her as step mother, Reed appears to have issues of acceptance in life still about who he is and it was coming out during this bashing making him feel better but to me it made him look worse. The last hour only made him appear less human with no empathy even if it was all game play, the words still cut and I don't see a lot of compassion when he speaks.

The 3 Collar tribes sounds interesting, hey it's got to be better than another blood/water.

23. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

How so?

24. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Seemed very apparent during the live part of the show last night. :agree:

gotityet0 and rburly like this.
  25. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

It would not have been ceremony, just
    A requirement to stay in the game. I
    Cringed seeing Missy still in the game
    After that.

Finally watched the final episodes.

I had no problems with Reed's assessment of Missy's game play. Seemed pretty spot on to me.

Very smart play by Natalie to keep Keith over Baylor. Keep someone who is a threat to vote out at the next council.

I wonder who was the second vote for
    Jacalyn.

applebonkerz and gotityet0 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.