If You Own An iPhone Do You Need Or Still Use An iPod?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by mwheelerk, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music... Thread Starter

They are not that far off. It's up to 128GB now.

2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I got my 64gb iPhone in May and now I really wish I would have waited. I was hoping the phone could replace my classic, but after a few weeks of trying to use it as my primary portable music player and whittle my portable library down to 55gb, I gave up and went back to using the classic as my primary portable music device.

3. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I don't know - looks like the Borg have been here!!

mj_patrick likes this.
  4. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Well, once you get in and hear it... resistance is futile. :-plnktn-:

5. Halloween_Jack

Halloween_Jack Senior Member

Still using my iPod video 80GB which I've owned since 2006. Decided to take the plunge earlier in the week and bought an iFlash from a seller called 'Tarkan', as the hard drive was beginning to show signs of imminent failure, and am now using a solid state 128GB memory card where the hard drive used to be. Hoping it'll be good to for at least another 6 years and probably far more now :). No desire to use my phone instead.

http://www.tarkan.info/20080115/tutorials/iflash-ipod-compact-flash-mk2

- John

6. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

I posted in this thread over two months ago. At the time I was wondering if I should get an IPhone or wait until the next generation Touch was released. Late last month, my 4 year old LG cellphone died. I replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy Core. It has 16GB (more like 10 with after the phone service and preinstalled apps.) Unlike the IPod or IPhone, one can play FLAC files without third party software. It can also take a 64GB Micro SD card. The Galaxy is slowly overtaking my IPod Touch as my go to portable music player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.