My first order with ccmusic.com had an email, does this seem legit?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ClassicRockTragic, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident Thread Starter

Placed my first order with Collectors Choice. My Credit card has been debited but records not sent. I got this email this morning, and I want to know if it is normal. I am purchasing from Australia.

Hello,

This is Bharti Patel, Loss Prevention analyst at Collectors choice music.

Thanks for your recent order.

In order to release your order we need additional account information.

Could you please fill out attached form and forward it to me via fax # 630-775-0234. In order to prevent fraud do not email this form.

Your prompt attention to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

While the Credit Card Authorization Request Form and process may seem excessive, [COLLECTORS CHOICE MUSIC] has adopted these protocols for one reason only…to protect our customers. I regret that your experience has placed us in conflict.

I hate to lose a customer and I hate to turn down business. However, these policies, based on, and in compliance with, both the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards, have provided our customers the ability to shop online securely and enjoy the lowest pricing out there.

If you choose to send the requested data (send by fax or mail only), it will be kept under lock-and-key for review, marked as confidential, and then destroyed by cross shredding; following all FTC and PCI established protocols for data security.

Thanks,

Bharti Patel
    740 Hilltop Drive
    Itasca,IL 60143
    Phone # 630-919-2105
    Fax # 630.775-3340
    [email protected]

2. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

Looks bogus to me. The email address doesn't match the web site and the phone number doesn't match the customer support number. I'd call their customer support number on their web site

http://www.ccmusic.com/Contact-Us

3. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I've read on their site they ARE in Itasca Illinois & that is a proper phone number for that town. My package from them came from Kentucky (I think) so they have more than one facility.

4. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Did it by any chance come from Hebron, Kentucky? I ask because I've noted several packages from multiple vendors come from that location. I'm guessing it's either a major regional drop-ship warehouse, or a major regional hub for one or more of the delivery companies.

Also, to the OP - why not just send an email to CCMusic's customer support email address and include a copy of this email you received. They will be able to tell you what's what.

Laibach likes this.
  5. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

The sdcd.com email address belongs to Super D. Super D owns Collectors Choice Music, Deep Discount, Import Cds, and getimportcds on eBay.

Laibach likes this.
  6. live evil

live evil Senior Member

Hebron Kentucky is where the Greater Cincinnati airport is located. It's a major DHL hub, so there are a lot of regional warehouses around it.

tmtomh likes this.
  7. ClassicRockTragic

ClassicRockTragic Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thnaks folks, I contacted them and its legit, its their accounting department.

I only posted here in case it was bog standard procedure that everyone had encountered.

tmtomh likes this.
  8. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Ah, I see - thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.