What's the problem of sending a package(cd/vinyl) outside the US?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by mestreech, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Everything said here is true. Shipping from the U.S. is expensive. Time consuming. Hard to track. Often unprofitable.

That six month window for paypal is onerous for sellers of anything even domestic.

I sell video surveillance equipment and turned off international shipping for these reasons.

2. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

My 2 cents as someone who's never had a problem shipping internationally....

I print all of my postage online, domestic and international either through ebay or paypal's shipping or usps.com. Much easier than standing in line at the post office, plus I can save the contact and ship again (on the usps.com site). If I'm mailing a CD I drop it in a post office box, whether it's domestic or international...yeah it says you can't drop an international shipment or anything over 13 ounces, but the reality in my experience is they will take anything that's in the box. If it's a bigger item, then I'll have to drive to the post office, but that's true of a domestic shipment as well and I can go 24 hours a day and drop it in self-shipping chute provided the package fits.

Many countries now have international track for free through the usps, though I agree they aren't always updated to show final delivery. The high cost of nsurance on larger items can be a disadvantage and I do take a calculated risk shipping without it on high dollar items, but fortunately I've never had a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.