Bands you Would Like to See Deluxe Box Sets From?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

2. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Definitely. They have enough "unreleased" content to fill up 2nd discs for amorica and 3 Snakes for sure; I can think of more than a few songs from the SH era that could be included, too. How their post 3Snakes album, "The Band" fits, I don't know, but it would need to be released, too.

3. kpa272

kpa272 Forum Resident

So will his accountant, if this Broadway endeavour doesn't right itself!

4. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

PJ Harvey is the first one that came to mind...I'm amazed we haven't even had expanded CDs, never mind full deluxe boxsets...And there would be no shortage of material, with loads of b-sides and live/radio sessions, before you even get to any unreleased stuff...

I'm sure a full reissue campaign will happen at some point, but it's been a really long wait...and it's not as though she floods the market with new product, either....

JuhNik and Gems-A-Bems like this.
  5. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

Isn't most of The Lost Crowes "band" sessions, along with "tall"? A deluxe set of the first three albums is a must, either with demo sessions or a good live show from each era. The live downloads have been good, but I think have only gone back as far as Lions tour shows. That said, I'm not sure if there's a band or management that has been able to mismanage their discography to the same degree as the Crowes? No reason that there are not vinyl versions of their first three releases.

I am a sucker for deluxe versions -- I love hearing demos and outtakes or shows from that era. I hope REM continue with their catalogue updates.

6. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

I'd love a properly mastered Metallica 1983-1990 box set.

Also looking forward to a No Code/Yield set from Pearl Jam (as they did with Vs/Vitalogy).

Maybe a Beatles in Mono box set. I saw one mentioned in passing around here once, I think ;)

7. Licorice pizza

Licorice pizza Livin’ On The Fault Line

I'd stand in line for the Scorpions one, no doubt. :righton:

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  8. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Paging Steven Wilson......

whiskeyvengeance likes this.
  9. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

Jethro Tull: Minstrel in the GAllery, Songs from the Wood and Heavy Horses, plus a Bursting Out tour
    The Doors, every album, including teh proposed and later canceled LA Woman
    Dire Straits: first album and Brothers in arms
    Rolling Stones: Beggars BAnquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers
    Joe Satriati: The Extremist
    Peter Gabriel: Us

jlf and John Fell like this.
  10. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Many of the more popular artists mentioned here already have had boxed sets. Stones, Eno, etc.

11. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Bryan Ferry.

johnnybrum likes this.
  12. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

:agree:

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  13. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

+1

14. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

The Band album was already released officially BUT they could release the original mix intended and not the Paul Stacey mix that was released a handful of years ago.

painted8 likes this.
  15. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

The live downloads go back to 1996 - 07-20 to be exact.

16. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Would anyone else?

17. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Right - I've got that official release on CD. Not sure if there's enough from those sessions that would allow a deluxe edition release. SH has tracks like Bewildered and Bitter Bitter Me, along with others. Amorica would have the unique tracks from the Tall project.

Regardless: I want everything on vinyl pronto. Including Before the Frost/After the Freeze.

18. sfp

sfp Forum Resident

Shriekback

19. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I`m with you on Arthur Lee/Love & Scotty & The Waterboys, oh and Van Morrison but I doubt that will ever happen.

Koabac likes this.
  20. CowboyBob

CowboyBob Forum Resident

Butthole Surfers
    Meat Puppets

21. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Another vote for Steely Dan and all Traffic albums.

ARK and John Fell like this.
  22. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

One can always gauge that by reading crowesbase.com and see what the Crowes recorded in that time frame.

For instance here's a session from Dec of 1997 - 10 tracks right there! http://crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=1967

Here's some session info for the band: http://crowesbase.com/sessionlisting.cfm?sessionID=7

I think there'd be enough for a band deluxe or Band 1997

painted8 likes this.
  23. skisdlimit

skisdlimit Forum Resident

AC/DC
    A straight reissue of the "Volume 1" box set from the late 80's would be welcome, as would its non-fatiguing mastering, but a true celebration of the Bon Scott era could do much better by presenting all six of the studio Aussie albums with both their original and international artwork, plus feature bonuses like the European mix of "Powerage" and any other unreleased period demos/alternate versions rumored to exist.

+1 :agree: All six of the classic DLR-era titles are prime candidates for deluxe treatment, or at least decent new mastering!

This I thought was actually supposed to happen, but has apparently been stalled....:shrug:

24. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

Iron Maiden. Start with Live After Death

25. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I would like to see deluxe editions of Material Issue. And not the lame 20th anniversary edition of IPO hip o select put out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.