Person of Interest - New TV series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Yeah - that secret entry thing made me think of Get Smart and The Man From UNCLE.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I laughed out loud when I saw the vending machine and immediately yelled, "Del Floria's Tailor Shop!" Very funny bit, a knowing wink to the audience.

One thing I'll say about the show: just when you think you have it figured out and know where it's going, they take a hard left turn into unpredictable territory.

On the other hand: the deal in the most recent show with the little boy parroting the words of "Samaritan," the evil super-computer, was really awful. You needed an absolutely perfect kid actor to pull this off, and this kid couldn't hack it.

I think they need to do an episode where an evil computer takes over all the emails, internal data, and servers of a big Hollywood studio and wreaks so much havoc, the studio has to cancel releasing a huge holiday film. Naaaa, nobody would ever believe that.

forthlin, jpelg, eddiel and 2 others like this.
  3. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I think this show's science fiction underpinnings are fully out in the open now-that whole conversation between Root and the Samaritan kid looked like something out of 2001. Plus we got a "Gods And Monsters" shout-out. I really like this show, but they're losing me. And can they please let Lionel in on it? I think they can trust him by now.

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think it's "interesting" how earlier in the season the new boss was riding Reese because he'd only closed three major cases in a day, and she couldn't find him for an hour in the afternoon, but now he seems to be able to meander around the city for days without a problem.

Vidiot likes this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I saw 'Root' in a Christmas movie the other day. Boy, she has a great winning smile, she never gets to smile full-on on this show, her grin can really light up a room. Also, in the movie, she got to dress like a real woman in skirts, dresses, and heels. Yum!

6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

7. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

I would be surprised to see Lionel around much longer. He doesn't seem to fit as well since losing his detective partner and the story changed. The episode with him as the 'smooth ladies man' didn't really work for me.

8. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I think Root or Shaw is on borrowed time. I think the writers know they need Lionel for the only burst of humor.

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Naw, Lionel knows the whole story. They gave him the full poop once the bad guys killed Detective Carter a year ago.

Yep, I agree completely. My guess is they're gonna kill off Root in the season-ender.

10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I told the wife I can picture Root dying as she takes Samaritan down, telling Shaw that she loved her, fought her feelings, but she comes right out and states it plainly as she dies.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It could well come down to that. Root has been a very interesting character from the beginning.

12. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I noticed Shaw made quite a show of wiping off the straw in her drink after Root drank out of it so they don't seem as close as hinted. I thought that was funny.

Blair G. likes this.
  13. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Root definitely has a one way unrequited love. But Shaw has gone out to protect Root, even though she's pretty sure she'll die.

14. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

I like Root and Shaw - together and apart - they keep it interesting and eye-catching.

seacliffe301 likes this.
  15. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I agree. I missed Acker in her role in Angel . . . because I did not like Buffy and Angel as shows. My first exposure to her was in ALIAS. Wow! She KICKED ASS! That was the first view I think of her two fisted pistol firing fury!

16. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

Denial.

:)

Craig likes this.
  17. Splungeworthy

According to the Person Of Interest Wiki:
    • Fusco is currently the only main character (excluding Bear) who has no knowledge of the Machine's existence.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Fusco seems to understand that they're getting the "numbers" from somewhere, and he knows they have the knowledge to help people... plus he knows that Finch gives him the information and orders to save a potential victim. I don't see where he knows any more or less info than anybody except Finch. For that matter, we've never actually caught a glimpse of what The Machine looks like. We do know that it had the ability to call a company and crate itself up and ship it somewhere else, which it did last season.

19. Splungeworthy

It probably wouldn't matter to Lionel if he knew the down and dirty details of Samaritan and The Machine anyway-he's sort of a blue-collar cop who just does his job (quite capably), which is to help people in trouble, no matter the circumstances.

Vidiot likes this.
  20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And he's also got dead bodies he can't explain, so he's got to help Finch and Reese and the others. And also because he's basically a good cop trying to do the right thing.

BTW, if we can believe the upcoming previews, a whole lot of cast members are about to get shot soon... :eek:

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

"Will anyone get out alive?"

Yeah, I wonder. I suspect there's a very high probability that everyone dies in this episode and the rest of the series will just be random pictures of NYC from surveillance cameras.

Vidiot likes this.
  22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Well, I didn't say die, but two major characters clearly get shot. They have to eventually take care of the "Samaritan" plot line and wrap that up.

kwadguy likes this.
  23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

No, I know you didn't say it. But during that preview, THEY say it :)

I am thinking the odds are better than 50/50 that someone will get out alive. Probably several someones...

We do see what appear to be some of our heroes hit by gunshot, however.

24. Splungeworthy

Reese getting shot is like me cutting myself shaving. Just rub some dirt in it!

No Static likes this.
  25. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Very interesting / good episode tonight. Sorry I'm not giving anything away. But they did leave us hanging. And then next week's preview really makes you wonder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.