Hello from TARA Labs!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Cody @ TARA, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody @ TARA

Cody @ TARA New Member Thread Starter

Hello! I have been an audiophile for quite a while but am new to the forums. Disclaimer! I am an employee of TARA Labs, Inc. but I am genuinely interested in speaking with any other TARA Labs users out there?

Also, I have been listening to Cary amps & pre-amps lately and do find them very impressive. Any Cary lovers out there?

2. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

I've got a set of Cary tube monoblocks and a full function Cary tube preamp for sale if you are interested. They were traded-in for Rogue Audio tube gear.
    Welcome to the forums.
    -Bill

3. Csericks

Csericks Forum Resident

I have been using Tara Labs RSC Axiom interconnects on my speaker system for many years.

4. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Exactly the same post appeared on Audio Asylum today some 40 minutes later.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/68/688715.html

[I actually have Tara Labs Space and Time II in my bedroom system]

5. Welcome, Cody. Hopefully you and Tara Labs will find this forum more friendly than some other ones. I haven't had a chance to audition Tara Labs cables well, ever, but I sure remember your old advertisements. "The Cable that God Uses!"

6. Cody @ TARA

Thank you all for the friendly greetings!

7. Cody @ TARA

Yes, I did post there yesterday. Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like spam. I figured it was time to register in the forums, so I registered in numerous places at once. You can also find me at Audio Shark, Audio Review, etc., etc. :)

8. Cody @ TARA

I've heard good things about the Axioms (they were discontinued before I came to work at TARA Labs), namely in their open sound and neutral quality. How are they working out with your system?

9. Cody @ TARA

BTW, great call with the Space and Time cables. Do you have the one's made before they were discontinued, or after they were brought back?

10. Cody @ TARA

Thanks, but I think my system is set (for the moment)

11. Warren Jarrett

Warren Jarrett Audio Note (UK) dealer in SoCal/LA-OC In Memoriam

Hello Cody. Welcome to this forum. I have been a fan of many brands during my love of high end audio since the 70s. But Cary and Tara are still a couple of my favorite brands of all time. I used the original Phase II speaker cables, then Temporal Continuum, which I collected in several lengths because I was so sure it SOUNDED incredible and LOOKED incredible. Finally, the Reference II, Decade and Master interconnect cables started to become very affordable on the used market, and I found myself collecting these interconnects because they are just amazing to listen to, even old and used. For Cary amps, I have owned the V12, AES Six Pacs and AES Superamp Signature, all with stunning results. But, my most eye-opening (I should say ear-opening) experience was owning an AES SE-1 amp,which turned me into a single-ended fan, even with that amp's limitations. So, to advance into fully developed SET designs, with no sonic limitations to my ears (except limited output power), I have now devoted myself to Audio Note UK.

If it had never been for the magic and beauty that I consistently heard from both Tara and Cary/AES, I would have never personalized these qualities that I now appreciate so much listening to Audio Note UK. These three companies express a vision and a dedication to real music that I think purist high-end audio is all about.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  12. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

There's not enough time in the day to follow that many audio forums and still manage to listen to some music occasionally. ;) :D

13. ServingTheMusic

ServingTheMusic Forum Resident

Hi Cody. Welcome.

I have heard nothing but good things about Tara cables and both Fremer and Valin count them as among the ver best they have used.

Question...do others, as I do, find the Tara Labs website and product line very confusing?

There are five pages of ICs, and the model names just make my head spin. The webpage is rather unbecoming if I may be so frank.

Is there a place you can recommend where one see a well laid out product line with pricing?

Thanks in advance.

econalan likes this.
  14. ServingTheMusic

...P.S...you are obviously a tube person....so that is alright with me!

15. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

I've got Tara cables between my CD player and amp in one of my two systems (the main one) - unfortunately I can't remember what model they are, but I've always been very happy with them. If that doesn't sound very impressive, I've got to add that of the cables in my other system I can't even recall the make.

16. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Or work! :D

Welcome. :wave:

17. russk

russk Forum Resident

Tara Labs were the first cables I ever used back in the early 90s. Connected a rotel CD player and integrated to a pair of Spica T50. Good times

Billy Budapest likes this.
  18. An early 90's Rotel and Spica system can still make darn good music!

19. Cody @ TARA

My hat's off to you, sir. I'm very happy that TARA Labs was able to help you in your journey. Thank you for your response.

20. Cody @ TARA

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you at the moment, but I will pass along the message. Thanks for your feedback.

21. Cody @ TARA

That's alright, just glad to hear they're working well for you!

22. Cody @ TARA

+1

23. ServingTheMusic

Thank you!

24. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Round wire or bust!

Just kidding..

Welcome to the forum.

25. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

Completely agree. My local dealer, who I like, carries Tara cables, so I checked out their site as well. Very ineffective for informational purposes - just so hard to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.