Are you a member of any music-related fan clubs?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Spaceman, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Are you a member of any music-related fan cubs? If so, which ones? Which fan club is your favorite? Share some info about them and how to join so we can join them!

2. blackdograilroad

blackdograilroad Forum Resident

Free Appreciation Society (Free)- excellent mag 2-3 times a year
    Motorheadbangers (Motorhead)- very longstanding supporters' club

-anyone wants details PM me.

3. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

The Web - Marillion

Scooter59 likes this.
  4. The Spaceman

There's apparently still an active Cowsill fan club one can get info through this address:

The Cowsills Fan Club
    P.O. Box 83
    Lexington, MS 39095

Is anyone a member? I would love to join but I can't find much info about it.

5. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident

GABBA- The Georgia Allman Brothers Association-they have a great website and an annual GABBAfest.

6. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Recently U2 so I could get tickets for upcoming tour.

ARK and mestreech like this.
  7. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

That was the same reason for me.

Oliver likes this.
  8. tymespan

tymespan Forum Resident

Over the years I was a member of Sparks, Beach Boys, Shoes, Jan and Dean, The Quick and the Germs fan clubs.

9. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

Jack Whites 'The Vault'. Not really a traditional fan club but there are lots of exclusives. Was a member of REM's fan club but we all know what happened there.

10. The Spaceman

11. mogambotek

mogambotek Forum Resident

Pearl Jam - Ten Club. Only been a couple of years but enjoying the singles, members only vinyl and Deep magazine (the tickets don't make much difference to me coz of where I live)

mestreech likes this.
  12. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

Not really fan clubs--they're mailing lists--but I still belong to these:

Richard Thompson
    Sandy Denny
    Rawlinsonsunshine (Bonzos and Viv Stanshall)
    Whatevershebringswesing (Kevin Ayers, Robert Wyatt, other Canterbury-related)

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yup. And that's why I've been a paid member of the PJ 10 Club for 20 years: ticket privileges.

Those are the only 2 clubs to which I have paid membership. I'm on a lot of mailing lists for others, though - those kinda count as "belonging to fan clubs"...

Oliver and o0OBillO0o like this.
  14. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

In my youth, I was a member of the Kiss Army. That's it for me.

vamborules likes this.
  15. o0OBillO0o

o0OBillO0o Forum Resident

Wow, 20 years! We've only been for about 5 years. (http://pearljam.com/tenclub)

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, I can't quit now! :)

Though the changes in ticket selection since 2013 make membership less appealing. Still worth it, but they've changed it to hurt long-time members...

17. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Elvis Insiders- does that count?

18. dnuggett

dnuggett Forum Resident

Nope. Not a one.

19. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

$60 for a 3 month membership?

20. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Frenz Of The Enz - Split Enz/Crowded House/Neil Finn. I signed up because I'd heard they were issuing exclusive live CDs. They were :)

StephMess78 likes this.
  21. BMac19

BMac19 Forum Resident

My Morning Jacket Roll Call

22. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

I'm a member of the International Club Crosby, which publishes a great magazine four times a year with scholarly articles about various aspects and eras in Bing Crosby's career, new releases, limited-edition books, discographies, etc. Contributions by Ken Barnes, Gary Giddins, and the like. The club worked on a huge archiving project to produce the chronological Jonzo collection (and new Sepia series). And the admin team gets called to curate and write liner notes for new releases. Dues are $25 annually. Info here:
    http://www.bingmagazine.co.uk/ICC/InternationalClubCrosby.html

About ten years ago, Bowie's internet membership offered cool perks, like private shows and special art and music releases. I got to see him perform the Low and Heathen albums for members at Roseland (great show!). But I've been out of the loop for awhile, so I didn't know if he has an active club like that anymore.

Otherwise, it seems more about e-mail updates from bands directly these days. I subscribe to updates from Devo, Einsturzende Neubauten, David Sylvian, and Paul McCartney.

23. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

I know. But the stuff you get holds it's value. Just look at some of those prices on EBAY. And you can always opt out if you want.

24. bholz

bholz Forum Resident

Frenz of the Enz - lifetime member. They offered a limited number of these many years ago for a one time low fee. I jumped on it as it was before the fan club started accepting Paypal. Mailing cash and IRCs to Australia was a pain.

25. The Spaceman

They're probably just trying to recoup the money spent on those extravagant fees. It is $240 a year after all. I guarantee that if the prices for the membership were exponentially less, the values of the items on eBay would be less. Not to knock the quality of the stuff though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.