Now Streaming on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by davidshirt, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^= Thread Starter

I used the search feature and couldn't find a thread about what's new on Netflix streaming (maybe I didn't see it if there was one) but this month a lot of great titles have been added.

Almost Famous and American Beauty for starters. If you're a fan of the Friday the 13th series the first 8 movies in the series are available. Also Anchorman 2 is now available.

2. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

... and Django Unchained, which I still have not seen.

--Geoff

3. davidshirt

The Wolf of Wall Street starts streaming tomorrow.

4. davidshirt

Pee-Wee's playhouse just arrived on Netflix streaming.

5. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I Am Santa Clause
    Documentary featuring Mick Foley learning about professional Santas .

6. michaelscrutchin

michaelscrutchin Forum Resident

InstantWatcher.com is great for discovering new streaming titles on Netflix. Plus, lots of ways to filter and search all titles.

There's a new BoJack Horseman Christmas Special for anyone else who thought BoJack was one of the nicest surprises of 2014. :)

drasil likes this.
  7. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

And the Christmas Special which I just watched.

[​IMG]

Tim S likes this.
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Funny, so did I about 20 minutes ago. Kept thinking how many of his guests were gone.

9. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Me too - yet poor Zsa Zsa managed to outlive them.

10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

11. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I watched Almost Famous for the first time last night. Great movie.

Coricama, boyjohn and agentalbert like this.
  12. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

How do the Pee Wee shows look - are they the Blu Ray transfers?

13. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Wow, I'm surprised that a huge music fan took so long to see it. If you get a chance, find the Director's Cut "Untitled" on DVD. The commentary is wonderful, though I really want him to do a really indiscreet commentary at some point, where he talks about who the real people were in each of these events.

14. nbakid2000

I'm already working on the Director's Cut copy. :)

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  15. davidshirt

The most recent Paranormal Activity "The Marked Ones" is streaming today. This movie in the series kind of came and went. I'm not sure if its even connected to the series or if it was just a side story.

16. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

It connects a little. Some of the characters find some artciles referencing events from the main series and go and meet with a girl who is looking into the events, or may have appeared briefly (maybe a babysitter?) in one of the movies.

17. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Broadchurch...finally.

18. Chris DeVoe

The odd yet wonderful bit is that his mom is doing the commentary with him. It has got to be weird watching a fictionalized version of yourself losing his virginity to a trio of groupies...while sitting next to your mom.

19. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Trailer Park Boys : Don't Legalize it

also Season 8

Coricama likes this.
  20. Chris DeVoe

The recommendation system on NetFlix just doesn't work well for me. All the things that they think I'll like based on what I've already watched are either inane or offensive. The only method I've found that produces interesting results are to type in a single letter in search, and browse through the results.

21. nbakid2000

The thing that really didn't strike me as accurate was the whole "story rejection" plot point.

"This is RS magazine, and we're publishing what's essentially a hit piece on you guys. Did you say [insert embarrassing quote that would make the band look bad]? Oh, NO? Crap, our bad. Obviously this was a just big f***up on our end. Disregard this entire conversation, obviously you have nothing to hide."

22. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Hilarious! Bubbles and the boys at their best! :biglaugh:

Scope J likes this.
  23. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

The new season of Lilyhammer is up.

joelee likes this.
  24. Chris DeVoe

Yeah, he had a bunch of things on tape, and had the recorder running for a lot of the quotes - surely enough of the members of the band saying embarrassing things that it would have clearly indicated that he was telling the truth about the stuff he didn't get on tape.

On the other hand, he was 15.

In the end, it was a typical example of a "3rd act problem", where the writer has to create some tension. They just hope that the viewer is invested enough in the story that they'll just let this part that doesn't bear close examination slide.

I'd be interested in reading a non-fictionalized autobiography from Cameron Crowe. According to this bio on a fan site, Ben Fong-Torres knew how young Crowe was when he hired him. Which is somehow even less believable than the story in the movie.

As the saying goes "Truth is stranger than fiction, because truth doesn't have to make sense."

25. Watched World War Z the other night. Dang, that movie never lets up for a second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.