Third Man Records and Revenant Records to co release Paramount box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by malfano, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

http://thirdmanrecords.com/assets/Uploads/paramount-two-digital-track-list.pdf

2. ruben lopez

The intention of this 2 volumes project was never to release everything from everybody.:shrug:
    But if anybody knows of a better representation of what Paramount Records was i'll be glad to know.:shtiphat:

Beaneydave likes this.
  3. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

ARGH! I'm utterly furious - just received an email from Collectors Choice saying that they shipped my order - after canceling it on the 7th, causing me to order from Third Man at full price (and which is arriving tomorrow). I emailed them back telling them to forget it, but foresee having to refuse the package and dispute charges - these suckers cost me over $100 as far as I'm concerned!

4. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

I'm still waiting for mine from Spin here in UK!

5. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

That is annoying. Did they at least honor the sale price?

cubbykat likes this.
  6. cubbykat

They did, though it's kind of a moot point since I'd already purchased it from Third Man; I suppose I could theoretically try to return it to Third Man, but between return shipping and the general hassle - I've never tried to return anything there, but gather it can be difficult - not sure if I want to bother (plus not too thrilled to deal with CC on principle alone). Collectors Choice did respond and say they'd send return postage and I could send it back for refund...:rolleyes:

7. citizensmurf

Well, my order is still "open", but they still list it as out of stock. I'll see if I get an email.

8. cubbykat

Yes, hopefully. There will at least be one in stock after I send it back! :)

citizensmurf likes this.
  9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

My order is still listed as open, but they sent me an email saying they cancelled the order. Then they said I could re-order at the original price of my previous order that they cancelled even though the item still isn't in stock. lol.

10. cubbykat

Maybe the cancellation email is just to see how committed you are to ordering from CC - true believers will see past the "cancellation notice" and "out of stock" status and maybe get their prize... Looks like I can't cancel my Third Man order anyway per their terms, but I'm a little less miffed as out of nowhere they sent a copy of the Blind Willie McTell volume 4 lp on red vinyl, a cool little wooden pog and a little note saying the Paramount box would be sent soon (I thought I was getting the set today, but this is a nice surprise).

11. After they cancelled my original order I waited a couple of weeks and reordered and that still appears to be current. What does concern me a little is my original order still appears as open on my account page but I do have an email from them affirming the cancellation. I just hope they don't action both orders as returning one from NZ would be real hassle.
    Can anyone who has received volume 2 confirm that it comes in the same bomb proof packing as vol 1?

12. citizensmurf

Did you actually email CC about the cancelled order, or did they just process it even after they sent the cancellation email?

13. cubbykat

I would at least call them to ensure you don't end up with two copies...

They processed it after I received the cancellation email with no further communication from me - I only emailed them after receiving the shipping notice, since I'm guessing most humans would assume an email stating you order has been cancelled means that you will not be recieving that order. My order was still listed in my account as open similar to others here, so will be interesting to see if any of you also get cancelled orders shipped.

14. I've just sent them another email asking for conformation that they will cover return shipping costs if they do manage to send me two sets. Leaving the order open on the accounts page doesn't inspire confidence .

15. citizensmurf

This was CC's response to my inquiry:

"Unfortunately we cannot reopen an order once it has been cancelled. Yes, we will honor the original pricing. We can process a refund for the difference once the item has shipped."

I might just wait to re-order once it actually is listed in stock.

16. Quite puzzled by this volume 2 release. Seems to be very little information out there from people who have actually got the set and it's still not showing up on many of the expected sites like Amazon.
    I'm interested in how well the s/steel cabinet is finished.

17. Timmy84

Timmy84 Forum Resident

Who would listen to music on a USB or blu-ray? :confused: I get he don't like MP3s and streaming but USB's? Really, Jack? I like his music but he may not be a really good businessman... :magoo:

18. Got an email from CC a few days back saying my order had been cancelled then one tonight saying the set had been shipped. I should have read the cancellation mail a bit better as it was cancelling my first order,yet again. The shipped set is for my second order that I placed mid December so their statement saying shipping in five to ten days was accurate. My initial order still shows as being open despite the two cancellation emails over a month apart so I'm trying yet again to get the status of that changed.
    All a bit of a hassle but not as bad as ending up with two sets.

19. ruben lopez

I'm waiting for mine yet....it's been in Spain since December 11,and i received the notification yesterday evening:shrug:
    And the taxes have increased:it weights 3 Kilos less and i have to pay 3 times more!

Taxmaaaaaannn.

20. Main reason I've hung in with the CC order is that it should just sneak under our NZ$400 allowance plus the fact that it is at least $150 cheaper than elsewhere with freight taken into account.

21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I got two cancellation emails as well and yet the order status is still "open". They did say I could re-order at the original price if I called them. I never bothered though. I'll need to get them to change the status on their website.

Still pondering whether I should repurchase from them though.

22. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

23. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

24. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

25. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.