Here we talk about: Lewis - L'Amour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thebunk, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Anybody gotten their Romantic Times vinyl yet(Wish I had gotten the pink...)? I've been waiting 3 months for the backorder. Lol I still love L'amour, but I'm about over it at this point.

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

She confirmed on twitter that they crossed paths back in the early 80's, but didn't elaborate.

3. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

My pink vinyl came yesterday. Higher audio quality than the Lewis record, but very slight surface noise throughout. Curse of colored vinyl? Really classy gatefold packaging.

4. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

As far as his run in with Christie Brinkley, his style, mysterious comings and goings...I am convinced that he was a pretty big drug dealer to the stars. That's why everybody has been tight-lipped.

As far as the music, I like the first 2 releases. I might even like RT better. Even if he has been found, there is still mystery there, and the music is still pretty unique.

nbakid2000 and Plan9 like this.
  5. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

6. Thanks. When I first saw the Photoshop result, I laughed so hard, I almost choked.

7. BeardedSteven

LITA has his titles on sale as of now. L'amour LP and Romantic Times on LP (including pink!) and CD. FYI.

I did pick up the pink RT while I still wait for my black that I ordered 3 months ago even tho I saw them at my local store today...

8. SoundAdvice

L'Amour cd is gone. Just vinyl and download now.

9. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

That actually makes sense on some level.

10. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Saw "L'Amour" on vinyl today. Didn't LITA announce that they wouldn't reissue it? Or are these the last copies?

11. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

I found a copy of L'Amour on vinyl today too. €33. Delighted!

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Is this music any good or is it the collectability factor that is driving sales?

I've gone for the collectable aspect too many times in the past and usually came away disappointed with what I heard (example: Judee Sill).
    There seemed to be plenty of copies of the L'Amour in the CD shops last time I was in Seattle

13. SoundAdvice

I don't think any of the reissues have gone for money much more than retail and all editions are the same minus a small run of pink vinyl that is still for sale on the website.

Only the debut CD is currently sold out. Downloads from LITA have always been available.

14. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I ordered the Romantic Times LP just as soon as it was announced and I only received a notification last night that they printed the shipping label and entered it into the tracking/shipping system.

15. EasterEverywhere

First pressing of L'amour was on grey vinyl (200 copies subscriber exclusive.).Second pressing was on clear vinyl (700 copies).This is the one I was able to get.The pink vinyl is the third issue.Popsike shows one copy of the grey vinyl for $72.00.The clear vinyl goes for $35-50 currently.

16. EasterEverywhere

Got mine on December 10.

17. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member Thread Starter

This is not really true. The different color presses were pressed at the same time but were offered to different customers like you mentioned (subscriber exclusives, LITA store exclusive, etc.).

18. SoundAdvice

Pretty sure both albums are needle drops.

19. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Yes they are! But L'Amour--at least my copy--really sounds like it.

20. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

L'Amour certainly is. I'm not so sure about Romantic Times though, will have to listen to it again. Any tell-tale signs you heard?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  21. Neonbeam

[
    Well.... that is not really an answer is it? LITA said they would stop manufacturing the album and now suddenly a formerly out of print version - the vinyl album - is available again. Does this mean these are the very last copies or will this title be available in the future?

22. Neonbeam

Totally depends on your definition of "good". It may be "Reissue Of The Year" in several magazines but I was extremely disappointed by this album. In fact I thought it was pretty bad actually.

What drove the price for a while was LITA's announcement that they wouldn't manufacture any more physical copies. Then as the hype gained momentum and the few remaining copies dried up the price went up. Now there are more copies available....

23. BeardedSteven

They also suddenly made the pink version of RT available again, even tho that has been sold out as a preorder for a long time. They definitely said they would not be repressing these. Maybe interest dropped a LOT and they got a bunch of returns? lol Canceled preorders? I know I've been waiting 3 months for RT to show up(still waiting for shipment notification). And now that they are out my store had a ton of them. Like nobody wanted to buy one...

24. thebunk

In my opinion, interest definitely did not drop around Lewis this year and if it did, it was well after the RT preorder.

25. thebunk

Also, see the link to the 130+ page Lewis thread on the Hipinion forum. Also I should give credit to them as that link and the forum is what got me turned on to Lewis and thus the inspiration for this thread so only right to give credit there:

http://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65579

It is an interesting read and even had some insider info leaked out at when the OG RT was found along with some other tidbits.

nbakid2000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.