New Paul McCartney Song "Hope for the Future" (from Destiny)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nesboy43, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I’m not sure if you all are aware of this, but Paul McCartney has appeared on Nerdist. It’s a podcast that has 1 hour+ interviews with famous people (movie stars, musicians, comedians, etc.) The interviews are always really good. They are not boring talk show interviews. The interviewer, Chris Hardwick, treats them like a conversation, and he asks very good questions. Now, while I haven’t listened to it yet, I’m sure Chris isn’t anywhere close to as hardcore as we are, so don’t expect questions we McCartney nerds would ask. Still, it is bound to be an interesting interview that goes places McCartney usually doesn’t go, and at 1 hr 25 min, it should be a fun listen! Go to iTunes and type in Nerdist to find this. You could also probably try the Nerdist website. Enjoy!

2. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

What's this? A thread about new McCartney product,and not up to Part 23 almost a month later?

You people are slipping.

heatherly likes this.
  3. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I’m having so much fun listening to this Nerdist interview. My heart is swelling with so much joy. :D I love Paul McCartney so much. I don’t know why I’m so emotional right now. I sometimes snap into things like this.

4. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

It's only one song, you know. Not as much to talk about. Plus, since it's a download, I'm thinking that maybe less people are going to deal.

5. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

supermd likes this.
  6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Here is an all purpose link to the Nerdist podcast:

http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-paul-mccartney/

iTunes or your favorite podcast aggregator should do the trick as well, but this will work for everyone.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

FYI - I merged two separate threads on this topic and added the song title to the thread title. Apologies for any minor contextual disconnects.

8. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Great, thank you. I really enjoyed listening to it! I hope you all do as well.

9. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Brilliant, thanks! Just finishing it off now, really fun relaxed interview, and exciting news that he's considering doing Temporary Secretary live!

10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I would love it if he performed that song live. That was a highlight of the interview for me, listening to him get a laugh off the lyrics. Such fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

theMess likes this.
  11. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Temporary Secretary and Goodnight Tonight would be great surprises in his setlist.

12. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

They'd be surprises, but I'm not sure if they'd be great.

13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But Paul has told us now that he'd maybe like to do them live in concert. So they're not even surprises anymore!! You can't announce something before doing it and still expect us to be surprised.

;) Arnie

14. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

The surprise would be what he would drop in order to fit those in. My bet would be on Wings or solo songs.:mad:

15. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Imagine if Temporary Secretary became the new show opener! The lights go down, the crowd's anticipation at a boiling point, when that sequencer starts. Paul walks out, to cheers and screams, and reaches the mic just in time to say "Mr. Marx, can you find for me..."

Meanwhile Goodnight Tonight either ends the first "set" (before the encores) or ends the first encore set. At least he did revive it at the Africa Express show he guested at.

And maybe drop My Valentine for Hope For The Future.

heatherly and theMess like this.
  16. susyredstripe

Heck...he didn't even do Venus & Mars that way when he used it as an opener.

17. susyredstripe

And in 1976...

18. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

We should start a thread--- which questions should a serious interviewer ask Paul?

Mine:
    Describe the process for recording With a Little Luck.

ha

theMess likes this.
  19. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

The same kind of question I would like to ask him :) Concerning "With a Little Luck", we can understand how it was recorded, through the early rough-mix and some documentation.
    First, in the Virgin Islands, he laid down the backing track with electric piano, a guide vocal and drum-machine. He overdubbed bass. Back in London, they added more keyboards and synth (the solo is Paul) and finally vocals parts. Not sure about English's involvement. Drum fills could be Paul.

theMess likes this.
  20. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Finally got a quick scan of the promo disc. Plain white generic cd sleeve behind it.
    The 45's are not solid, rather they have the UK 'punch out' type of spindle hole.

21. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

[​IMG]

theMess likes this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

^^^Six versions of "Hope For The Future". It's always good to have more "hope" in the world, but maybe this isn't the best way to do it... ;)

Arnie

graystoke likes this.
  23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

45s? Are you talking about the Letting Go & Let Em In 45s? Or are you saying there are 45s for Hope?

That's not exactly clear from your post...

24. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by IFPI.

25. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Worst song and worst video ever. Incredible achievement. It's hard to believe that John Lennon and George Harrison were even in the same band with this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.