New Madonna single :)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyQuest, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReggieTheVaper

ReggieTheVaper Forum Resident

The song defines "meh" in my honest opinion.

Retire already !

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  2. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I can't see Olivia covering the last song! I think Madonna forgets she's 56. At least when she's in the studios. I suppose everyone around her there is at least 20 years younger than that!

3. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident Thread Starter

Where is the integrity? Madonna should finally make a mature pop album and gracefully bow out. At least then she can leave with some type of dignity. (If there's any left)

4. Bobby Morrow

I don't think dignity and Madonna go together! I have no idea what her plans are, but I can't imagine bowing out gracefully is an option...

JohnnyQuest and tin ears like this.
  5. stevepafford

stevepafford Well-Known Member

Since when has Madonna ever cared two hoots for integrity and dignity?

ARK and JohnnyQuest like this.
  6. stevepafford

Since when has Madonna ever been troubled by integrity or dignity?

7. stevepafford

Since when has Madonna ever been troubled by integrity or dignity?

Scott S. likes this.
  8. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Just listened to them Bobby - ugh, it sounds just like MDNA part two to me. I hate this style of music and the lyrics really turn me off.

I will continue to listen to and enjoy "Secret", "Frozen", "Sorry", "Justify My Love", "I'll Remember", etc. but she is no longer an artist I will spend any money on going forward.

tin ears and Bobby Morrow like this.
  9. Bobby Morrow

She's been better. That's for sure!

10. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

That "Immaculate Collection" on paper, is pretty hard to beat song wise, that is, until you realize that many of the songs are bad remixes, rather than having the original songs, as "most" of us remember hearing them!

My wish for Madonna, is that she goes back to the great Peter Brown, who co-wrote her "Material Girl" and had many great songs on his own ("Dance With Me", "Do You Wanna Get Funky With Me", "Stargazer" and on and on...) and have him write her some new songs, that DON'T sound like 2014! The problem with Madonna is, that she has always been the "fresh and now", but, she was that for years and now everything that comes out, is a hybrid of all of her past, thrown up in a "booty call" rap and who really wants any of that?

11. JohnnyQuest

You're right. You would think that would change when you're 60 years old but nope not for Madonna.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  12. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

What booty? :D

13. JohnnyQuest

[​IMG]

Grant likes this.
  14. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

It's funny Grant, but I have actually kept a few of the classic "booty" photos that you have used as avatars in the past!

Still my favorite is the one with the girl wearing a pair of Levi jeans and she has a big rip across the entire left butt cheek ... CLASSIC!

Grant likes this.
  15. Bobby Morrow

It's hard to believe that song/video/album is coming up for 10 years old...

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  16. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I used that for like two years before someone decided they were offended by it. And, it showed waaaay less skin than Todd W.'s avatars.

Chris C likes this.
  17. JohnnyQuest

That album still sounds fresh. I played it for my girl and she thought it was released earlier this year. (At least until she heard "Hung Up")

18. Bobby Morrow

Hung Up was the big hit off that album, but I don't think the song would be anything special without that Abba sample...

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  19. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

The new single is very underwhelming. Music was the last Madge album that interested me, and then only barely. :(

I understand the desire for the original versions (I share that desire), but The Immaculate Collection is the biggest selling solo artist compilation of all time. The formula obviously worked!

20. MarilynsPickle

MarilynsPickle Forum Resident

"Bitch I'm Madonna" is not the new single, it's one of 19 songs from the new album. The first single from Rebel Heart is "Living For Love"--here's the official audio and album cover:

21. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident

Devil Pray and Ghosttown were the two standouts for me. Hopefully with 19 tracks on the album, I can cut out the crap and compile my own "listenable" version.

22. guy1

guy1 Forum Resident

Devil Pray & Ghosttown are amazing & are proper 'madonna' tracks for me. Rebel Heart is also amazing & will be a future single. This project was originally intended to be a double album 'rebel' being tracks like "bitch i'm Madonna" etc.... & 'heart' being the tracks like rebel heart . Now that the leaked tracks have happened its all changed. I personally feel that this album will be a return to form for her & certainly much better than MDNA.

23. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

“Ghosttown” is really wonderful - can’t stop playing it.

krock2009 likes this.
  24. stevepafford

Madonnagave an interview at the weekend where she states that is not actually the case, and that a double album was just an idea in her head. You will still get the two sides of Madonna on a 19 track album, which in the pre-CD age would have been a double album anyway.

25. Bobby Morrow

Every new album is a double nowadays. I hate it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.