FYE discount on receipt!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by FastForward, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FastForward

FastForward Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hit a local FYE today and bought some used CDs in their usual buy 2 get 1 free special. When i got home, i noticed on the receipt, at the bottum, there was a coupon code for 40% off my next purchase of any used CD or DVD, with a specific time frame to be redeemed. I don't know if this is always there and I never noticed it before, but check your receipts!

40% off will bring the price of a good used box set down to bargain levels!

2. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Sadly it is not good on box sets.
    Our FYE closes the end of January and will be on the hunt shortly.

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Every FYE (/Strawberries) store within any sane distance of Boston has closed over the past several years. So no go around here...

4. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

If that's the case it must be a new policy or it's specific to that coupon. I've never had a coupon from FYE that excluded box sets. I have seen buy-one-get-one-free offers where the free one is limited to items $15.00 or less.

ARK likes this.
  5. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

I haven't yet seen this specific coupon but I've used many others and I've never NOT used one on a box set.

6. FastForward

FastForward Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't believe this to be correct- they treat "used" as "used" regardless. I've bought box sets and regular CDs in the same Buy 1 get ! deal many times. Could you please post your proof of this statement?

7. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

I've used this coupon on boxed sets as well. No problem whatsoever.

I wasn't a frequent FYE shopper until recently so I don't know how back these 40% coupons go, but I do know that I got a few of them over the summer. I've got two to be used in early January now as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.