Third Man Records Vault Package #22

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood Thread Starter

Jack White live at Bonnaroo 3xLP and DVD.

This arrived today. Incredible packaging! WOW! Mind blown. Jack White is a musical genius and a marketing genius.

Worth twice the price.

2. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

Yes. By far the best vault in a while.

Revolver likes this.
  3. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

I agree - beautiful packaging and great content. I've already watched the dvd twice. Makes me wish I had been there. They set the bar high with this one.

MedozK likes this.
  4. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

I was at the show and actually remarked to my friend with me that the show would make a great vault. And later I wasn't too surprised it actually happened, but shocked they did it so quickly. I guess they just knew that show was an instant classic.

leeroy jenkins likes this.
  5. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

This blows every other Vault package so far outta the water, they're on another planet. Fabulous packaging, stellar content and fantastic sound quality -- what more can you ask for? This set is so nice it could easily sell for $100 in stores. Though I'm sure for a set this good, they'll be going for double that on eBay. Actually wish I picked up a few of these, in hindsight.

The records sound GREAT cranked, and I ripped the audio from the DVD for listening on the go. This set has it all! Thought the tribute to Ikey was a great touch too. Wish every Vault package was like this.

MedozK likes this.
  6. leeroy jenkins

I still haven't seen him live - may have to wait for the next album at this point. Very cool you got to see this show.

7. leeroy jenkins

Good to hear - I still haven't played the records, only watched the DVD so far.

8. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Great vault issue, I hope the next one is as good.

9. UncleHalsey

UncleHalsey Forum Resident

Outstanding package! I'm going to give a listen to the USB files at work tomorrow.

10. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

Sounds like it's a good set. I got mine last week, unfortunately side C has a BIG scratch, beyond the kind of thing I can let slide. Anyone deal with their returns before? They say to wait until ALL the packages have shipped, but judging from how long it took for that one to happen for vault 21, seems like it might be another 4-6 weeks before that happens.

11. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I emailed them and they reponded fairly quickly, asking for a photo of the damaged disk, which I sent. I received a replacement disk, in a white cardboard sleeve pretty soon after that.

Faders Up likes this.
  12. gregk72

gregk72 Forum Resident

I had an issue with Vault 21. I sent a photo. Shipped it back at their cost. Received a mint copy right away.

Very pleased.

13. Leigh

Leigh https://orf.media

Cranked this yesterday - great show! Only complaint is the noisy colored vinyl, ugh - much higher noise floor than the black. Thankfully the music is loud enough that it really doesn't matter much :)

14. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I thought the USB was just a bunch of pictures(?)

I still haven't gotten shipping notification!

15. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

Mine turned up Friday, not played it but this is the most impressive package yet from a design point of view, put the records straight into MFSL sleeves.

The DVD should be a treat, recently saw the man in Leeds Arena and he put on an explosive show.

Are we ever going to get GBMS on vinyl? Just thinking it might turn up come it's 10th Anniversary like they did with Elephant, this must be biggest wish among WS & JW fans. Few more years to wait for that though, next will be the new Dead Weather.

16. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

It is.. no music. I got mine a couple days ago and I have already ripped the audio from the DVD.

17. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident

Thanks all. Because of this thread (and my lack of willpower) I just had to overpay to get this set. And yet I'm not unhappy about doing so. Hoping all the positivity surrounding this Vault release proves worthy.

18. gregk72

gregk72 Forum Resident

You will not regret it!!! My favourite part of the package is the fact that all the chatter and banter is left in.

I always miss it when bands release just songs. I want to know the mood and what was talked about. There are some great jack white and audience moments but I won't spoil them.

19. UncleHalsey

Sad but true. I had thought he loaded a USB with 96/24 hires files, which set me alight. Until I saw it was a bunch of jpegs. Hee Haw!

EasterEverywhere likes this.
  20. UncleHalsey

What is your preferred software for such a task as this? I am not thrilled with my DVD audio extractor. Does your software know the native resolution of the DVD audio for do you preselect the sample rate and bit rate?

21. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

Apparently the DVD is an AC3

22. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

I use DVD audio extractor. It is the only thing I have, have never used any other software for DVDs.

23. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Fantasitc package! Thank you Jack!! This guy gets what being a fan is all about, and this kinda release shows that big time. So much fun and great music. $60.00 well spent.

24. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

my records (at least 1 and 2) are warped slightly and pressed off center. anyone else having issues?

25. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Fantastic package! However, I still find Jack White's solo efforts much too bland to get very excited about. Even in such an epic live setting as a 2.5 hour headlining set at Bonnaroo, it's still a far cry from the explosive spontaneity of The White Stripes at their creative peak. The new stuff comes across as sterile and over-rehearsed in comparison, as if the full band is holding him back. It just feels like he lost his spark when Meg walked away.

(full show playlist HERE)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.