Christmas Movies 2014 Edition!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

A Golden Christmas...

2. Michael

I enjoyed the Patrick Stewart version very much. he did a fine job, but i enjoy them all...I just love the story so much!

Pete Puma likes this.
  3. Michael

OK, I watched this...I was not as bad as i expected, but no rewatch value for us...

4. Michael

I'd like to see this...thanks for posting it!

5. Michael

I have never seen this, but if I come across it i will watch it. I will pretty much watch any movies that is associated with Christmas...I have over 100 DVDs and the collection grows every year...I really get much enjoyment from my collection.

6. Michael

me too! I love BOB! loved him since i was a kid...part of growing up for me...my parents also enjoyed him as well. I guess that's where it started for me...Mom & Dad!

7. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

Finally found Holiday Inn on DVD last night! Can't wait to watch it! One of my favorites!

Michael likes this.
  8. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

As far as I am concerned Hope is one of the funniest people to walk the face of the earth. His timing was impeccable. Really love the road to.. movies.

Michael likes this.
  9. Raylinds

I caught a little of the Patrick Stewart Christmas Carol on network TV last night (never saw it) and it looked really good. Very period authentic. It was on too late for me to watch the whole thing so I need to order the BD.

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

YES, HE WAS THE BEST!

11. Michael

you'll love it.. it sticks close to the story.

12. Michael

yes, I found a used copy last year...it will be a yearly watch for us...

Allen Michael likes this.
  13. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Is this the one made for ION Television featuring Andrea Roth and a golden retriever?

Harry

14. Michael

15. Michael

This Christmas...

16. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Will be watching Rare Exports shortly. It has become my wife and I's favorite Christmas movie.

haastilecreation likes this.
  17. What an experience it was seeing that at the theater a few years back. Crazy good

Michael likes this.
  18. Michael

fabulous! WE LOVE IT!

19. Michael

Crazy strange as well...

20. Michael

Ernest Saves Christmas...loved Jim!

mmars982 likes this.
  21. Raylinds

I got some new Christmas DVDs that we watched over the weekend:
    Remember the Night- A great 1939 Christmas movie with Barbara Stanwyk and Fred MacMurray
    The Lemon Drop Kid- I can't believe it took me this long to see this Bob Hope classic
    Come to the Stable- A nice film with Celeste Holme and Loretta Young as nuns trying to build a children's hospital in Bethlehem, CT
    Christmas in July- a fun comedy with Dick Powell
    The House Without a Christmas Tree- a touching made-for-TV movie form 1972 with Jason Robards
    The Gathering- Another 70s made-for-TV movie with Ed Asner and Maureen Stapleton

22. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

[​IMG]

Growing up in the fifties and sixties, I remember that once NBC started its SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES block each week, they always seemed to reserve the Saturday before Christmas as the time to show WHITE CHRISTMAS with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Since it was a Technicolor movie, it looked great on the color TVs of the era, and as 1965 adopters of color TV, we naturally sought out shows and movies that would look good.

So, I've continued the tradition long after NBC stopped showing the movie, and as most every year, this past Saturday, we played our wondrous Blu-ray of WHITE CHRISTMAS. How far we've come from the commercial-laden, 4:3 version that ran on NBC all those years ago!

Harry

23. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

One I discovered on TCM and fell in love with a couple years back is Lady in the Lake, a loose adaptation of Raymond Chandler's fourth Marlowe novel. In addition to a Christmas setting, it has the gimmick of being shot almost entirely from the viewer's first-person POV. Robert Montgomery as the voice of Marlowe and a hilariously cheesy script make for a slight but fun noir take on the holiday.

[​IMG]

24. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Just watched the 1954 TV special of A Christmas Carol with Fredric March as Scrooge and Basil Rathbone as Marley. Bonnie Franklin is one of Cratchit's girls.
    It is a mix of drama and musical with a pretty fair telling of the story. However, I don't care for operatic voices and there was a lot of that in this made-for-TV play.

25. Michael

Scrooged

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.