Madonna releases 6 new songs after leak

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

2. motownboy

motownboy Senior Member

You can hear them on iTunes....

3. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

releases 6 songs? was this a publicity stunt? is the new album aborted?

4. PaulKTF

It's in response to some early demos being leaked, and yes you could say it's a publicity stunt. :)

The album (with more than the 6 songs) will be released in March.

5. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Same manager as U2 who is now batting ZERO for 3 w the Horrible U2 iTunes roll out….the embarrassing U2 tour publicity (really 4 over 50 men in a bed together…REALLY?) and now this???!!! How Guy O got this far in the first place is beyond me!

6. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

Here they are.

http://www.spin.com/articles/madonna-rebel-heart-itunes-surprise-album-stream/

She does dance music, so a couple are good for that. She has a couple of ballads that are fine. The album will have 18 songs, so maybe she's holding some of the best back. The two that leaked in the beginning that I liked aren't on this six, so they are probably being held back for the full album. Those two songs were Rebel Heart and Wash Over Me.

But she makes herself a joke with the Bitch, I'm Madonna song. It sounds like a Britney song. She's 56 and to do such a banal, chasing-the-teens song is still such desperation, to me. It's hard to believe that Madonna has become so clueless at her age and not even embarrassed by recording such a song. The other Bitch song, "Unapologetic Bitch," is actually a great club song and the reggae in it is a nice touch.

The good thing about the five songs I listened to several times (I couldn't stomach Bitch, I'm Madonna again) is the production. If you are an electronica fan, there are some nice touches on the songs.

I really liked Ghosttown, the ballad written by her. She needs to team up with some strong songwriters, instead of just producers, for her music. Bring back Pat Leonard.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    anduandi and jfeldt like this.
  7. motownboy

motownboy Senior Member

Apparently the leak included 13-14 tracks. The edition on iTunes has 19 tracks though only the six featured plus one more not yet available for download have titles. The album is called "Rebel Heart" and one of the leaked tracks is called "Rebel Heart", but it is not listed in the iTunes posting. Well, it could, as suggested above, be a publicity stunt too. I hope this "leak" helps Madonna bring her "A" game on finishing the album.

8. PaulKTF

The album ending up being good or bad doesn't really matter- it's just an excuse for the next tour which is where the real money is.

9. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

U2... I think all dates have sold out on there new tour. The 4 old guys are doing ok...

10. Daz

Daz Forum Resident

I totally read that title as Madonna has a wee then releases new songs. Or don't you guys say "having a leak"?

BadJack likes this.
  11. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

You missed my point. They would have sold out regardless…Hell I bought tix to one night at MSG. I was commenting on the tour marketing and accompanying imaging!!! REALLY???

[​IMG]

12. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

13. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

awful idea and they look awful and uncomfortable. You are correct.

Guy E likes this.
  14. Peter Pyle

Peter Pyle Forum Resident

I'll wait until the CD release. :p:p

15. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

poor old lady, she should do kegel exercises.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  16. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

That's what I thought too, Madonna did a video of taking a leak ?? then my next thought was, ****, why doesn't it surprise me that she's pulled this move, needing publicity the way she does? hahaha

17. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Unimpressed.

Although Ghosttown is really good!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  18. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

Now Madonna's album in final form has leaked, the super deluxe version, 25 songs. At least, they are saying it's pretty much in its final form and has the set tracklist as far as standard album (14 songs) and super deluxe version 25 songs. They put the horrific Holy Water on the standard version. I don't get it. It's trash. It's still over a month before the official release. She needs to release this album soon.

There are some real immature duds but also many great Madonna songs on it that they've tweaked since the demos. Some great club dance music and many great ballads.

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/madonna-rebel-heart-super-deluxe-retail/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.