sunday flyers 7 - 21 - 2013

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

new releases for tuesday 7 - 23 - 2013:

>marc anthony - 3.0
    >guy clark - my favorite picture of you
    >selena gomez - stars dance
    >van dyke parks - songs cycled
    >reliant k - collapsible lung
    >rich gang - s/t
    >edward sharp and the magnetic zeros - s/t
    >various artists - smurfs 2
    >we came as romans - tracing back roots
    >ella fitzgerald - best of the BBC vaults - CD/DVD
    >otis redding - the complete stax/volt singles collection

best buy:

>rich gang - 9.99: deluxe edition 14.99 (ad says includes 2 bonus tracks, no idea if the bonus tracks are on both editions or just the deluxe edition)
    >selena gomez - 9.99
    >we came as romans - 7.99
    >smurfs 2 - 8.99
    >edward sharpe - 8.99

target:

>selena gomez - 9.99: deluxe 14.99 includes target exclusive 2 bonus tracks
    >marc anthony - 9.99
    >smurfs 2 - 9.99

2. Might check that Ella title out.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

The Ella Fitzgerald and Otis Redding titles sound interesting.

What a surprise that Best Buy and Target are advertising the Smurfs 2 soundtrack but not the Ella or Otis releases. ;) Then again, I was at Best Buy yesterday, and most of their "box sets" with those CD +T-shirt packs. :rolleyes:

4. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Edward Sharpe for me

5. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

rjp's weekly updates are cool and all that, but just WHO is still buying their music at Target or better yet, Best Buy anymore??? Both of those stores in my local area haven't got much more than the top 20 albums of any genre and mostly "best of's" and "country" sale priced discs.

Also, for those that love this weekly thread, have you tried the "Pause and Play" "On the CD front" new release web pages! Much more detailed with instant links to Amazon for purchasing!

6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

i won't be picking up Smurfs 2...

Will look around for Ella and Otis though, both of those titles maybe!

7. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I buy CDs at Target because they often have exclusive tracks.

8. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

In the famous words of George Harrison, "All Things Will Pass", as will the "exclusive tracks" at BOTH Target and Best Buy. For years, Best Buy had a nice lock on the "pricing" of our compact discs, with their "loss leaders" status and then they started this "exclusive tracks" deal with the record companies. When the "Target's" and the "WalMart's" of the world finally figured out that they were being hoodwinked by the labels, they also wanted a piece of the action and the labels slowly gave in. That brought a problem with "Amazon" and the local "independent" mom and pop stores, who also started wanting their own slice of the "Bonus/exclusive" pie. All of that has brought us right back to where we started, with the record companies being greedy, with over-excessing their own brand and now there are 3 to 5 different versions of every "worthy" album release, each with their own bonus or exclusive track or download. As a long time music collector all I can say is, "GOOD LUCK", as the whole process has wore me and my wallet out to the point of not buying much anymore. Collecting music use to be such a great hobby for me and I used to look forward to Tuesdays more than a child at Christmas. Today, I will walk through a Target with my wife and ignore whatever that quote, "music department" is still about these days, near the rear of their store and as for Best Buy, I'm not even going to buy electronics there anymore, as they were responsible for starting the entire "deal killing" deals and I just wish their price tag logo and stores would all just go away!

PhantomStranger likes this.
  9. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Like a barren desert out there. (Yeah, mid-July release dates are never for prime releases but still).

I enjoyed ES&tMZ's last album - one of my favorites from last year. But I didn't like the first single from the current one I heard he other week. I actually thought it might have been a 'Bama Shakes new single - had a female vocal. I'll definitely check it or though.

10. The new album by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes is shockingly good and highly recommended. I was a big fan of their first album due to the catchy singles and thought their second album was a bit bland, but this one is stellar from start to finish.

11. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

It's a shame the bonus tracks aren't available on CD. They're $1.29 each from iTunes.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  12. nico dixi

nico dixi New Member

Hello can you sell the rich gang best buy deluxe (with 18 tracks) ? please respond me at my web mail : [email protected] , I'm in France and I can buy you this cd with paypal !

13. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Every once in a while, Best Buy or Target IS the best option, so I'm glad to have these threads, and on occasion, will buy from one of these big boxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.