Orange County/Long Beach Record Store Recommendations

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by nancybrooke, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancybrooke

nancybrooke Not quite Senior Member Thread Starter

Starting yet another So. Cal. record store thread. I'll be in Long Beach for a few days next month, need an update on what's cool and what to skip. I'm usually looking for used 60s/70s pop, country, folk, bluegrass, crooners - and my husband collects jazz, latin, easy listening, and 70s soul for the most part (both vinyl and cds, we don't discriminate!). In other words, places that only have classic rock/metal/punk, we'd probably cross off the list. Fingerprints looks good, has anyone been to Bagatelle? Orange County Record Show? I imagine we'll have a car but don't want to stray too far; LA traffic kind of scares us. I think we could get to Amoeba on the Metro but looks like it might take forever - I was there a year ago so could probably skip it this time.

Thanks everyone! :)

2. goat65cars

goat65cars Jerry A Great Dog We Miss You RIP 2002 To 2020

I like ROCKAWAY records in Silver Lake.of course I know the owner Gary Johnson.sold him my record collection.
    record show is tomorrow in BUENUA PARK.get there early 7:00 o'clock.
    later
    pete

3. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I've been a few in that area, and the only one I can recommend is Third Eye Records on E. 4th street. Both times I've been their selection was pretty solid, condition of the LPs was favorable, and pricing was very good and fair. Fingerprints isn't too far away and is worth checking out, but I don't recall having much of an impression at all about it. If I lived in Long Beach Third Eye Records would be my spot.

Edit: Wait... Just saw that classic rock isn't really up your alley. They have other sections, but rock is mainly what their store is. It may not be what you're looking for. But hey, any record store is worth a visit. Right?

4. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

Bagatelle is a good store for the type of stuff you and your husband are looking for. They prioritize all genres. At least it was like that the last time I was there, which was 2006. Long time I know, but the guy is stuck in the 70's with his selling mentality and has never (according to him) ever sold online. All of his business is walk ins and at the Pasadena Flea market where he only brings cds out. You can find some oddball stuff in there, but it's cramped and loaded with stock. Be prepared to dig!

Orange county record show is always worth going. Lots of cool stuff to be had there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.