The "Songs I wish some of my favorite artists had recorded"-thread.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Volt-and-Volume, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiefer2

kiefer2 Eastern European knockoff Mr. Potato Head

I once heard someone refer to Eric Carmen's "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again" as "the greatest Carpenters song the Carpenters never recorded". I've been obsessed with the thought ever since.

2. tumbledweeb

tumbledweeb Forum Resident

Dave Davies has said somewhere that he thought "We gonna get out of this place" would of made a good Kinks tune. I agree and would love to hear it

3. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

Wonderous Stories (Yes) would lend itself nicely to be arranged and performed in the style of Ramones. I wish they had recorded it. I would have loved to hear Joey's take on this.

4. Moshe

Moshe "Silent in four languages."

Not my favorite, but I've always thought Meat Loaf should sing Hookywooky by Lou Reed.

5. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

1. Chris Isaak - Congratulations (The Rolling Stones song) - a great melancholy song which I think Isaak would do a great version of.
    2. Monster Magnet - War Sucks (Red Crayola song) - I love this song but the original is pretty ragged. Given what a great job Monster Magnet did with "I'm Five Years Ahead of My Time" I think they could do a killer version of "War Sucks".
    3. Paul McCartney - Without You (Badfinger song) - This would have to be a 30 yr old Paul, but I can't think of anyone else who could hit this song.

6. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

I used to want to hear Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band play Young Blood written by Leiber, Jerry / Stoller, Mike / Pomus, Jerome. Now, without Clarence Clemons here to sing the line "You better leave my daughter alone" it just wouldn't be the same.

7. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

Easily done, since half the band already knows it.

Picca likes this.
  8. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Frank Sinatra should have recorded Dylan's -- I Threw It All Away.

9. Sill Nyro

Sill Nyro Forum Resident

Karen Carpenter doing "Rock with You" by Michael Jackson. Rod Temperton offered her the song, but she rejected it.

10. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I have long wished to hear Elvis cover Yoko's "Midsummer New York". Seriously.

I also think Extreme's "More Than Words"would have been great by the Everly Brothers.

11. Damiano54

Damiano54 Senior Member

Would like to have heard Dusty Springfield sing "Alfie"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.