Scat Records to reissue Guided By Voices 'Bee Thousand' LP + more!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob C, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

When it comes to GBV, I'm a hardcore UFO, but I've never been able to procure an original vinyl copy of this. This new pressing rectifies that (cheaply) and I'm actually very impressed with what I hear. The pressing is dead flat and dead quiet and it sounds as good as this primitive recoding is ever likely to. But as others have said, sound quality is not the reason we listen to GBV.

marcfeld69 and serge like this.
  2. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

a few years back, a local dude who i only knew via a message board was selling all his stuff to move across the country. i snagged his LPs of Bee Thousand (white vinyl pressing) and Do The Collapse. didn't think much of it at the time (didn't pay much, either). i think it's probably the luckiest i've gotten in buying vinyl.

levi and scotth like this.
  3. PostalBlowfish75

PostalBlowfish75 Senior Member

Oh hell! I waited til today to get a copy (it's the day of release after all) my local doesn't have any in stock and they're telling me it's already on back-order.
    Better pick this up if you see it.

4. oddsbodkins

oddsbodkins Forum Resident

Amazon gaffed this up too just like the Melvins reissues. At 12:00 the status went immediately to "temporarily out of stock," read, we didn't get them; sorry suckers. Second time I've cancelled and gone down the street to the LRS and found my order for less than Prime including tax. Lesson learned.

scotth likes this.
  5. serge

serge Forum Resident

I don't think its Amazon that messed up but Scat! The record haas been selling very well on Amazon and my guess is Scat hasn't been able to keep up.....eventually they will fulfill the order.. not in a huge hurry..its not as if I have not heard it before! But I always believe in supporting indie stores over Amazon as possible...

6. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

I ordered mine from Midheaven Mailorder and received notice that it shipped on 1/23.

levi likes this.
  7. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

Is the Scat Re-issue a limited run?

8. Joseph.McClure

9. Joseph.McClure

The above website also notes:

Availability: Awaiting Repress

10. scotth

scotth Forum Resident

The release in the OP says it is not limited.

11. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

My local store had plenty of copies of both LPs in stock today... Scat did say this was not limited when they announced it so not sure why the limited availability?

12. crassus515

crassus515 Forum Resident

I would wager that they tried to judge the size of the first pressing run based on what they expected to sell. Seems they underestimated. People's reports of a status of "awaiting repress" would seem to support this.

13. serge

serge Forum Resident

I'm sure Scat didn't want a huge outlay before getting any money coming in..the owner of Scat is not a millionaire.....

14. serge

serge Forum Resident

but you know.. rethinking it i guess Amazon did mess up somewhere because I preordered it the day it was announced months ago.... so if I'm not getting mine nobody who ordered through amazon is....which is a lot of people i'd bet...

15. BeardedSteven

This is why I hate pre-ordering through Amazon. I've had so many canceled before. When Bullmoose stopped taking pre-orders I got worried. Lol But as long as they're going to continue pressing these i'm sure they will catch up with demand at some point so it's not too big a deal.

16. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam

Mine landed from Midheaven today in a box carefully marked "Fragile -- Do Not Throw." :unhunh:

Can't wait to play it!! :goodie:

... soon as Jeopardy is over.
    (yeah, I know) :hide:

xdawg likes this.
  17. BeardedSteven

Spending my evening drinking the last of my Beer Thousand while I listen to Bee Thousand and the live 10". FYI. :) It took a lot to get me to save some of this beer for the record!

[​IMG]

18. levi

I am with you in your languor. :cheers:

[​IMG]

Pop_Zeus, xdawg, Rupe33 and 6 others like this.
  19. BeardedSteven

Cheers!!! :ed:

levi likes this.
  20. BeardedSteven

Just noticing my Bee Thousand did not come with a download code. The K.S. LP does have one and they both have stickers on the shrink saying they come with a download code. I'm not overly concerned because I have a rip of my CD already. But did anyone get a download code/card for B1000?

21. Joseph.McClure

Hopefully mine shows up in the mail tomorrow! I bought all the Matador vinyl through the 90's but never located B1000 on vinyl.

levi likes this.
  22. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Mine came with the download card.

levi and BeardedSteven like this.
  23. levi

Mine, too. Haven't opened King $hit yet.

xdawg and BeardedSteven like this.
  24. BeardedSteven

Thanks fellas. I guess I'll have to go with it fell out while I was opening it and my dog ate it? I'm not blaming the Beer Thousand. :biglaugh:Really tho, I opened it on the kitchen counter. I know it didn't fall out. I will email Scat. But I can't imagine they will give everyone a download code that emails asking for one? haha. No biggie either way. I'm happy for the vinyl.

25. danner

danner Forum Resident

I bought a record from 4AD that was missing the download card a few years ago, and they were nice enough to email me a download link. It's worth a shot.

BeardedSteven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.