Ever Encountered A Celebrity Before They Were Famous?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JamieC, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

George Martin from the New York Giants - before he was famous.
    Through a mutual friend, who's family we were friends with - the assistant coach Ted Plumb - hung out with George on several occasions - the team had breakfast with my us also. I remember every game we went to - they lost.

2. krock2009

krock2009 Forum Resident

Are you referring to people who were famous at one time, but no longer are? Or do you mean famous people are sad?

3. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Every time I look in a mirror. :magoo:

:cheers:
    Cat

4. John54

John54 Senior Member

The only "celebrities" I have met have been within the poker world. One person was fairly successful already but won World Poker Tour and World Series of Poker championships after my encounter with him in an earlier WSoP tournament. Another won the Latin American Poker Tour grand final six months after he and I went deep in a final table at Caesars and made a few grand each.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Leno is still right.

6. Roger Meadows

Roger Meadows Active Member

I met Shaquille O'Neal when he was playing basketball for LSU. I watched Harry Connick Jr. play piano in a New Orleans' bar when he was about 19 or 20. I will say this about him, he played the heck out of that piano. I watched Dane Cook in a comedy club in Boston. I saw The Dixie Chicks at a local country radio station talking about their soon to be released album Wide Open Spaces.

7. helter

helter Forum Resident

Springsteen grew up a few blocks from me.
    As a 4/5 year old I only remember some long haired scary dudes who practiced music down the block in my neighbors basement sometimes.

Also saw Chris Rock a bunch of times at Catch a Rising Star in Manhatten long before SNL.
    He looked like just some street kid who walked in the place.
    He was funny but had no idea how big he would become years later

barnaby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.