New York TV/radio icon Joe Franklin dead at 88

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by cathandler, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

no idea what's there but there are probably some people here who would love the job

2. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

Is there an official (or otherwise) archive of Joe Franklin Show video and audio recordings?

3. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

We had really low standards for late night TV in NYC back in the day. As a kid, I always thought of Joe Franklin as a low-budget Tom Snyder (who was bad enough) or kind of like a Mr. Rogers for adults. That being said, watching him was still infinitely better than tuning in to the screwy Uncle Floyd debacle. Apparently, Joe was extremely proud of his Czechoslovakian heritage. One of my friend's parents were from there, and I fondly remember his mother regaling me with stories about how they became "palsy-walsy" with Joe Fortgang at one of their Czech restaurant haunts, almost as much as she used to tell me (with disdain) of the crooked Busch family stealing the name of a famous brewery in her homeland and attaching it to the bottom of the barrel swill that we still (unbelievably) tolerate in America today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.