What to look for in a turntable?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Plissken99, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

Well, with enough platter mass to give you a flywheel effect, and a good motor and design, you can have belt drives with wow and flutter as low as direct drives, and low enough in both cases to be below the pitch instability of common vinyl eccentricity.

2. BrentB

BrentB Urban Angler

Three sides live! I recognize that one. Did you know the UK version is actually four sides live? Even though it has the same title.

3. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Yes. Though that is not my picture, I have the US Three Sides Live vinyl, and the UK original Virgin/Charisma CD of the UK version. Side 4 live is fantastic!

4. Master_It_Right

Master_It_Right Forum Resident

If you lived near Milwaukee, you could get this - http://racine.craigslist.org/msg/4849188285.html

I've had my AT LP1240-USB for a couple days, have been listening with it a lot, and am quite happy with it. I have $150 Logitech computer speakers on it that sounded very good. They sound better than my ~25 year old receiver and bookshelf speakers.

The LP120-USB and LP1240-USB are apparently Chinese-made Technics clones, but sounds like they are great tables for the price. I'm happy with mine.

5. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

My towers and sub are chinese. I love them.Nowt wrong with Made In China if stuff is well-built.

PhilBiker likes this.
  6. Plissken99

Plissken99 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just got the dust cover today that I found at ZZsounds from Amazon, I'm very happy with it, fits the table like a glove! Beats the hell out of a trash bag. :) Due to that dip in the middle, it does make playing records with it in place an impossibility, but it's fine by me.
    [​IMG]
    Also you'll notice the artwork on the platter and stickers, definitely an ex DJ table lol. I'm thinking about changing the platter cover to one of those suede leather ones, seems a logical upgrade.

PhilBiker and The Pinhead like this.
  7. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Nice quality work? Looks nice. Sucks you cant play with the cover on, but no biggie. I now play mine without the cover

8. Plissken99

Plissken99 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah it's very solid and feels tough, really does seem like it's meant for this table.

9. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Cool. Not sure why they made it with the 2 bubbles though. Is there a reason im missing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.