Olive Films 1/27/15 blu-ray releases announced

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lukejosephchung, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

Olive Films has a new licensing agreement to release films from the MGM/UA catalog and these are the initial titles to come from it:

"Pork Chop Hill"(1959), directed by Lewis Milestone and starring Gregory Peck, Harry Guardino, Rip Torn, George Peppard & Carl Benton Reid

"A Hole In The Head"(1959), directed by Frank Capra and starring Frank Sinatra, Edward G. Robinson, Eleanor Parker, Carolyn Jones & Thelma Ritter

"Amazing Grace"(1974), directed by Stan Lathan and starring Moms Mabley, Slappy White, Rosalind Cash & Moses Gunn

"King-The Martin Luther King Story"(1978), directed by Abby Mann and starring Paul Winfield & Cicely Tyson

"Return To Me"(2000), directed by Bonnie Hunt and starring David Duchovny, Minnie Driver, Carroll O'Connor, David Alan Grier & Robert Loggia

Pre-order links for all of these titles are already online at www.Amazon.com

MSRP is $29.95 and each title is discounted 30% to $20.97...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You're 9 hours late, and a title short :

Return to Me

It took a lot of coaxing to get Bob (Duchovny), a recently widowed architect, to go on a blind date at a quirky Irish-Italian eatery. Once there, he's smitten instantly...not with his date, but with the sharp-witted waitress, Grace (Driver). With unsolicited help from Grace's match-making Grandfather (Carroll O'Connor), Bob asks her out. And as their relationship blossoms, everything seems to be going great, until an unbelievable truth is revealed...one that could easily break both of their hearts for good. STREET DATE: JANUARY 27.

MikeZ. 8 hours ago

Return To Me is one of those great Chicago-neighborhood films, filled with all the characters I met growing up there ! HIGHLY recommended.
    DVD cost me $4.31 in 2008, looks to be OOP now. Resale might be big ? $$$
    Hope the commentary is included, or I'm keeping the DVD. It's very funny...listening now in fact.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15583

lukejosephchung likes this.
  3. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

Bought this new as a DVD 14 years ago...will add it to my post...thanks, MYKE!!!:righton:

Myke likes this.
  4. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Benno123, lukejosephchung and wave like this.
  5. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

These are available today.

6. wave

wave Forum Resident

Bob F likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.